Record Keeping

Are you required to keep and carry with you a written record of your work and driving activities?

I carry with me the last 28 days tachographs (both analogue and digital printouts) which is a record in itself but I also have a simple spread sheet that details work, driving, rest, POA, who I worked for and the vehicle reg. This helps me try and manage rest requirements however the spreadsheet stays at home on the computer.

If I got pulled by VOSA, woiuld they expect to see the written record as well as the tachograph charts / digi card :question:

No, they would not. You don’t even have to carry printouts with you unless they were printouts made because the card had malfunctioned, the card was lost or stolen or you made a printout to make a correction or explain a deviation from the regulations. Charts and your digi card for the required 29 day period is all you are required to carry and produce. If you venture over the water a letter of attestation to explain any gaps in the records due to not working is also advised but it is not required within the UK.