Recommends for the Bolton Area Please?

Hi all. Just joined the forum today. Have just passed my theory and am ready to start lessons asap. can anybody give me opinions good or not good on the trainers in the area for atherton test centre I am thinking of TRUK or red rose or NorthMan or Mantra or Hindley Green. Any others? Thanx.

LandyLad:
Hi all. Just joined the forum today. Have just passed my theory and am ready to start lessons asap. can anybody give me opinions good or not good on the trainers in the area for atherton test centre I am thinking of TRUK or red rose or NorthMan or Mantra or Hindley Green. Any others? Thanx.

i’ve never heard anything bad said about redrose training and they seem to do the whole package , i took my c.p.c with them years ago . also north manchester seem ok , sorry cant help with the others i’ve never heard of them … good luck with your training chap and welcome to the forum… :smiley:

Thank you Senior Bowser. I feel very much welcomed to the forum. :smiley:

LandyLad:

Hi LandyLad,

:arrow_right: We have a list of recommended LGV tuition providers

The recommendations come from TN members who have trained with the provider mentioned in the list and the list was compiled from posts on here. If a company isn’t on that list, it doesn’t mean they’re no good, it just means that nobody has trained with them, or bothered to recommended them.

I’m in the North West and I’ve heard of all the companies you’ve mentioned in your post.
Even as an ex-LGV instructor, (I’ve worked for one of them,) TBF I couldn’t honestly recommend one above another.

I’d like to wish you good luck in your efforts. :smiley:

I don’t no if Lancaster is too far for you, but I would reccomend Lancaster Training Services as I took my Class C with them last month. First class training and the quality of the trucks is good also. Very easy to deal with and to find as they are down at Heysham docks. Hope this helps.

Hi Landylad, welcome to the forum, :smiley:

Hindley Green lgv are who i recently passed my cat c with, Pauls training is first class and the proof was in the pudding when i passed at the first attempt and with only 2 minors, you can find my training diary on the forum about 4 or 5 pages back.
The training is enjoyable, one to one and not expensive ( around £750 for 20 hours including test ), you can have an assessment drive from him before you book lessons to check out the truck etc.

I’m back there in 2 weeks for my c+e.

Best of luck with whoever you choose to train with, see if you can put a training diary on for all us to read :wink:

John.

Hello landylad
like driver John says hyndley green seem ok ive spoke with paul a few times on the phone now but sadly my training is being funded so i had to have who they said no choise realy im with transport training Academy bolton !!! they did my FLT Training in Bury then sent me to Red Rose to do my Hiab last saturday .
TTA do my cat C 27.28.29 th june then im doing my CE but dont know how as TTA dont have a artic
lol . the guys at Red Rose seem ok when i spoke to them nice trucks and all in uniform they train ex army for reabilitation and seem to get fast test dates unlike TTA who ive had to wait 6 weeks for :angry:
another one who seems ok is Woods ribble valley hgv blackburn they give free FLT and Hiab training if you book the recesion buster back to back course have a look at their site and steve the owner gave me loads of free advice he did tender to train me but didnt get the job sadly . :cry:
if i would have had a choice i would have gone with hindley green or woods And deffo not who im with now .
all the best
Roy

Thank you to everyone who has responded so far. I am very grateful. Cheers guys.

slightly further afield but I used Stockport HGV training, Bredbury. No messing about and absolutely top drawer…passed my C in 3 days with them and really enjoyed it.

Pioneer Training from Chadderton.

I trained with Truk training in Bolton. Very good people. And excellent teachers they have There

A bit further than Bolton but I trained with Enterprise in Manchester website is www.elgv.com top notch training. They use Bredbury test centre although I had to use Atherton for my CE as Bredbury was being rebuilt.