Recommended used truck dealers

Just looking for some recommendations - who’s good for price, service and quality.
I’m based in the west midlands but willing to travel.
Also who to steer clear of

Cheers

Hi, have a look at walkermovements at ellistown in Leicestershire, not a bad website

Walkers are generally higher mileage, cheaper trucks, not always the cleanest, tidiest trucks either, they have been well used, that said, the staff there are good to deal with

Fleetex, which is part of the same group as Walkers, generally tend to have a better quality of truck at a good price, the staff at Fleetex are very good too, i have purchased 2 vehicles from them in the past 2 years, and not had any problems

Which ever dealer old hanky spanky doesnt px his trucks at then you will be ok :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I would recommend CRS Trucks at Swadlincote. I bought my first wagon off them last November and they were brilliant to deal with. I was waiting for my operators licence to come through at the time I viewed the wagon but once I said I wanted it they kept it for me until my licence was granted. Not too far from you either!

I’ve been looking at fleetex - what warranty comes on there motors?
Did you have both the MANs from there Spanky?
Will have a chat next time your in Freightliner

ISTR that Fleetex give 6 weeks warranty.

yes Wayne, both MAN’s came from Fleetex, they give a 6 week major driveline warranty, does not include turbos, air dryers, just major items

Major Truck Sales in Stalybridge, near Manchester, Cheshire.

The owner, Graham Bailey, is decent and knowledgeable. He really helped me out when I was in trouble and I had never dealt with him before, so I was very impressed with his integrity.

It’s worth talking to him, wherever you are in the country, as they will deliver anywhere in the UK (for a price, I guess)

His family founded Bay Freight, so he knows what it’s like to run a big fleet, or be an owner driver with just one truck.

I found him very helpful and competitive on price.

He also didn’t laugh at my stupid questions - what a gent! :smiley: