Recommended trainers

How do I find a list of recommended trainers, tried the search function without joy, I’m near daventry, Northants if that helps,

Have a look at the stickies at the top of the page, click on LGV Training Tips (read only), and there’s a link to recommended schools on there. :smiley:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=43024

Try this link

john

Wannabeheretolearn:
How do I find a list of recommended trainers, tried the search function without joy, I’m near daventry, Northants if that helps,

There are several trainers on here btw some of them will do a residential course if you ask them nice

Have a look at what is available in your area go & visit them have assessment drive to see how you feel most comftable with speak to them

animal:

Wannabeheretolearn:

There are several trainers on here btw some of them will do a residential course if you ask them nice

Have a look at what is available in your area go & visit them have assessment drive to see how you feel most comftable with speak to them

The idea of a residential course seems appealing , get a break away, clear my mind and concentrate on the task in hand, thanks for the tip.

Wannabeheretolearn:

animal:

Wannabeheretolearn:

The idea of a residential course seems appealing , get a break away, clear my mind and concentrate on the task in hand, thanks for the tip.

Pete in Mansfield is an excellent trainer and has residential thrown in for the price.

I can personally recommend his school and the pub where you stay is nice too.

He runs small vehicles that just come up to test standard for dimensions. They are well maintained and looked after.

Wag and drag for CE. You would probably only need a couple of hours with a local trainer to familiarize yourself with an Artic outfit.

Thanks dar nice to have good recommendations from people, assume that you trained with them as you said you could personally recommend :smiley:

Another vote for Peter Smythe transport training in Mansfield Woodhouse. I did my c+e with Peter a few weeks ago, and traveled 70miles from Wolverhampton to train there. Taking advantage of the free B+B in a local pub included in the price.
What ever you do stay away from the brookers.

Thanks all. Will send cheques later …■■■■ - can’t find the cheque book anywhere!!

Seriously, thanks for the comments. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Wannabeheretolearn:
Thanks dar nice to have good recommendations from people, assume that you trained with them as you said you could personally recommend :smiley:

I did my CE there just before Christmas and wish I had done the same 2 years ago for my C test.

Best of luck with whatever you choose.

I went with Hughs Driver Training- A1 HGV, one of there bases is next to the test centre at Weedon, not far from you.

I cannot reccomend these guys enough ! I passed first time with no minors with a guy called Mike.

I personally found him to be very posative, calm, clear and unbelievable helpful, , he even helped me get rid of a couple of 20 yeard old habbits.

Good luck.

Madguy :imp:

That is another good point. It is better if your instructor keeps their trucks very close to the test centre. Then you can practice the test routes.

Cant get much closer than having the test centre on site!

BTW, just trained a guy from Daventry.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Everyone loves a smartie :smiley:

It was just a general comment as some trainers are based an hour or more drive from the test routes. Great for learning how to drive large vehicles in general but not so good in other ways. Each test route will have its own intricacies and may not be so easy to cover if they are a good distance from the Test Centre