Recommended;Town & Country LGV,Liverpool

Hi all,just thought it was about time i made my first post! Been on here looking round for a while,loads of useful info for a newbie like me! :smiley:
I’d like to recommend Town & Country LGV,based in Bickerstaffe(liverpool/lanc’s area),as ive passed my class c in may this year,and went back to do my c+e earlier this month.
Happy to say that i passed both first time :smiley: ,this i would definately say is due to the excellent training given by T&C’s father and son team,Steve and Sean,who i really can’t recommend enough. One to one training,no changing instructor,good laid back atmosphere,which definately helps when youre learning something like driving a truck!
Another plus is the area of private land that they have,on Burscough industrial estate,where they take you to practice your reversing and coupling/uncoupling-definately less mider than trying to learn on a road somewhere.
All in,an excellent training school,who i would definately recommend to anyone in the liverpool or lanc’s area,good trucks(MAN LE),excellent training,and the kettle is always on!!! :wink:
Cant remember phone number,but google Town & Country LGV,and youll find their website.

Cheers,Paul.

T5 DKO:
Hi all,just thought it was about time i made my first post! Been on here looking round for a while,loads of useful info for a newbie like me! :smiley:
I’d like to recommend Town & Country LGV,based in Bickerstaffe(liverpool/lanc’s area),as ive passed my class c in may this year,and went back to do my c+e earlier this month.
Happy to say that i passed both first time :smiley: ,this i would definately say is due to the excellent training given by T&C’s father and son team,Steve and Sean,who i really can’t recommend enough. One to one training,no changing instructor,good laid back atmosphere,which definately helps when youre learning something like driving a truck!
Another plus is the area of private land that they have,on Burscough industrial estate,where they take you to practice your reversing and coupling/uncoupling-definately less mider than trying to learn on a road somewhere.
All in,an excellent training school,who i would definately recommend to anyone in the liverpool or lanc’s area,good trucks(MAN LE),excellent training,and the kettle is always on!!! :wink:
Cant remember phone number,but google Town & Country LGV,and youll find their website.

Cheers,Paul.

Hi Paul,

… and thanks for the recommendation.

I’ve just added Town and Country to the TN list of recommended LGV training providers for Lancashire. :smiley:

LGV TRAINING TIPS [Reworked 01/02/2022] (Read only) - #5 by rog - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

I would highly recommend them as well, Went to them after getting screamed at by a guy who was supposed to be training me at a place local to me, and after 15 minutes on the road with T&C I realised how crap the other company were (I won’t name them, but if you ask, I’ll say who it was)… Anyway, 4 lessons later and a warm up on the day of test, I passed cat C first go… I even had a call off them a couple weeks later offering me a temp job driving through someone he knew, but due to other commitments I couldn’t go… I’m doing my C+E with them next year when I’ve saved up enough holiday time!

TokenYank:
I would highly recommend them as well, Went to them after getting screamed at by a guy who was supposed to be training me at a place local to me, and after 15 minutes on the road with T&C I realised how crap the other company were (I won’t name them, but if you ask, I’ll say who it was)…

Who is the company that has the screamer as an instructor ?

Personal bad experiences are as important as good ones

Thanks for adding T&C to the recommended list. I forgot to mention that with the exception of one guy,doing his class c,everybody that was training with them passed their tests first time while i was there. That was while i was doing my c and later my c+e,so id definately say that was due to a high standard of training.

Cheers,Paul.

Hi Paul

ive been looking at town and country too as there not far from me. Do you know if the lessons there count towards your cpc?

deltawing:
Hi Paul

ive been looking at town and country too as there not far from me. Do you know if the lessons there count towards your cpc?

Hi mate,no,your lessons dont count as cpc,thats something you have to do in addition to your driver training.
I passed my class ce last month,but havent driven or applied for jobs as yet. Im probably going to get a couple of sessions of cpc training under my belt before i apply for jobs,as i personally feel it will help me more as a new driver.
Best thing to do is google cpc training in your area,or search on here,to get some more info.
Cheers,Paul.

T5 DKO:

deltawing:
Hi Paul

Hi mate,no,your lessons dont count as cpc,thats something you have to do in addition to your driver training.

No exactly correct

If the driver has C1 then C and CE can count towards the 35 hours
If the driver has C then CE can count towards the 35 hours

If the driver does not have any LGV category on their licence then they need to pass initial dcpc modules 2 and 4 before any of the 35 periodic hours can count

All this depends on whether the training company has LGV practical training approved for dcpc and how they have it approved - the clever ones have a 7 hour course approved which can be used as many times as possible during a course with the exception of the test
A basic 5 day course of all day 2 to 1 can get each trainee 28 hours of periodic dcpc but only 14 hours if 1 to 1 half days

Hi ROG,sorry,i didn’t know that! Thanks for the info.

Cheers,Paul.