Recommended SatNav

Hi guys this has probs already been asked several times, so if it has i apologise.

Anyway I have recently started employment for a haulage company and I have never really travelled very far by car untill now lol. anyway I have been using a friends fathers NavMan SatNav which I have found to be very frustrating as the stupid thing keeps sending me into fields or does not recognise the postcode etc. I usually get “route Error, No drivable route found” error i know the sat nav will require an update which is probably causing most the issues.

But i was wondering if any of you guys could recommend any SatNav’s to me please. I know each persons preference is different. So if anyone could advise why they use certain satnav’s good and bad points etc. I would be greatly appreciated. I am just sick of getting lost, Like yesterday i was coming from bristol and the satnav took me up A1 then sent me into rotherem and then landed me in the middle of a field :frowning: needless to say I felt like pulling the satnavs trousers down and givin it a good thrashing. (if only it had some)

If anyone could assist me it would be great and i know that any replies would be based on the users personal preference.

Thanks
mick

the one your using just needs the maps updating.
if you buy one i suggest a tomtom cos its easy to get upgrades/cameras etc also someone on here may be able to help putting the tomtom truck on it. you can then set you height/weight/axle weight length etc so you miss most of those nasties out there. some people like the other sat nav with that already built in but its a tad more expensive
i would go for a tomtom that has a slot for an sd card ,that way you can get more use out of it. look at the tomtom 530 with traffic.

thanks for the reply gezt i will try updating the maps first see what happens, only prob is i have to wait for it posted out lol, i only drive a sprinter so i am not one of you guys who drive them huge wrecking machines lol, b ut i will try the update first hopefully that will sort it out and save me a lil bit of cash.

thanks again
mick

i would recommend tomtom 7■■ you’ll get european maps you can also look into installing the truck version.
Most importantly if you’re not too sure where places are buy a truckers atlas and study where you’re going.