Recommended Directions

being very out if touch with London Zones and all that phaff now. I have to get from Edmonton, North London to Croydon in a 6 wheeler 13’ 6 High what would anyone recommend.

I would use North Circular Rd (A406) and the Woolwich ferry. Then round the S Circular to Sydenham and the A23.

No doubt someone will have a better route.

I’d go round the a406 on to the a40, a3220 go over the wandsworth bridge, a214 then pick up the a23 and your there, abit of traffic on the 406 then after that it will be clear the whole way there pretty much.

Saaamon:
I’d go round the a406 on to the a40, a3220 go over the wandsworth bridge, a214 then pick up the a23 and your there, abit of traffic on the 406 then after that it will be clear the whole way there pretty much.

Doesn’t that involve the LEZ and congestion charges?

Santa:

Saaamon:

Doesn’t that involve the LEZ and congestion charges?

No charge that route and yes croydon is in the LEZ.

Thanks

You haven’t actually mentioned the time of the journey, so if it’s at night the ferry will not be an option, so if night run I would go with the first post, but use the Blackwall tunnel, following the A102m towards Eltham and turning off onto the South Circular, keep on the South Circular, all the way to Catford, then after the one way system there take the A212 and head for Sydenham, Crystal Palace and then Croydon

pierrot 14:
You haven’t actually mentioned the time of the journey, so if it’s at night the ferry will not be an option, so if night run I would go with the first post, but use the Blackwall tunnel, following the A102m towards Eltham and turning off onto the South Circular, keep on the South Circular, all the way to Catford, then after the one way system there take the A212 and head for Sydenham, Crystal Palace and then Croydon

Good point - it will be tomorrow morning leaving edmonton about 8am ish

midlifetrucker:

pierrot 14:

Good point - it will be tomorrow morning leaving edmonton about 8am ish

A406 North Circ to the ferry then, I would say. When you get off the other side, straight over the roundabout and just follow the A205 South Circ, ( Eltham, Catford, [Clapham]), then as I said, after the one way system at Catford follow the A212 towards Sydenham, Crystal Palace, and you will then pick up signs for Croydon.
Where are you delivering in Croydon ?

Might well be worth considering a break at or near Croydon after tipping since an 8am start means a fair time at the wheel and he has got to get somewhere else afterwards. It’s astonishing how two and a half hours can just vanish when driving in London.

The ferry is great if its clear…

F… that !! just pull a sickie.

Why would you want to go south of the river ?

Onto the 406 then onto the m11 then pick up the m25 got to be the quickest way to Croydon

Thanks
I ended up going from Edmonton via North Circ to Blackwall Tunnel and then South Circ to Sydenham. Came back via woolwich ferry. Not much in it really except the road to Shooters hill was closed and have to go round.

Cheers