Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a decent 12/24V kettle and microwave cheers

For any kettle.i suggest you get one of these
16A Hella Plug to Cigarette Lighter Socket 12v & 24v | ROADKING.co.uk.

Saves the end of your kettle.plug from melting away.
Lost count of the amount of kettles I’ve lost due to melted ends…got this and.so.far had same kettle .for.18 months now.
Don’t think these any difference between kettles really

gazsa401:

What are you driving because in my experience only Scania have a permanent hella socket

^^^^ MAN do too. Passenger footwell, 1x 12v and 1x 24v.

RIPPER:

gazsa401:

What are you driving because in my experience only Scania have a permanent hella socket

Not very experienced then are you!
There’s not many trucks that don’t have them fitted.

Grumpy_old_trucker:

RIPPER:

gazsa401:

I stand corrected, now i think about it DAF have them too :confused:

RIPPER:

gazsa401:

It’s a 66 plate IVECO I start a new job on Tuesday previously I had a Renault T range with an inverter fitted
The IVECO hasn’t got an inverter so I’m going to have to get a 12/24V kettle and microwave [emoji106]

RIPPER:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

RIPPER:

gazsa401:

I stand corrected, now i think about it DAF have them too :confused:

Ans MAN , have 2 , a12v and a 24v one in passengers foot well

i=p/v
24v 800watt microwave? Will draw 800/24=33.3amps. So, that will need hard wiring in, can`t be run off a Hella socket can it?
What is the cost of a microwave and kettle compared to cost of an inverter?
If you are needing an electrician to do hard wiring, maybe keep your existing 240v gear and get a decent inverter.

Franglais:
i=p/v
24v 800watt microwave? Will draw 800/24=33.3amps. So, that will need hard wiring in, can`t be run off a Hella socket can it?
If you are needing an electrician to do hard wiring, maybe keep your existing 240v gear and get a decent inverter.

My new gaffer is a bit wary of fitting a inverter he does third party maintainance on other lorries and some of his customers run Mercs fitted with inverters and some have caused electrical problems with the computer’s he’s going to speak to IVECO about any issues with inverters being fitted
My original post is really a short term fix
I prefer to take my own food
Thanks for your reply [emoji106]

gazsa401:

Franglais:
i=p/v

My new gaffer is a bit wary of fitting a inverter he does third party maintainance on other lorries and some of his customers run Mercs fitted with inverters and some have caused electrical problems with the computer’s he’s going to speak to IVECO about any issues with inverters being fitted

No issues in Iveco’s with inverters. All of ours have had these fitted cb-shack.co.uk/sunshine-powe … sine-wave/

The truck I’ve just left ran a 700w microwave and a travel kettle from it no problem (obviously not at the same time) I always ran the engine when running the microwave but not the kettle and never had any battery issues

gazsa401:

Franglais:
i=p/v

I’ve had 2 Mercs, with inverters (professionally) fitted, never had a problem using kettle and microwave.
I’ve tried every 12/24v kettle on the market, they’re all crap in varying degrees in terms of shelf life.
I also had a 24v Samsung microwave before the inverter, they were THE best, but they’ve stopped making them, the Roadking versions are cheap tat in comparison from what others have told me.
Your boss needs to do his homework, if there was a problem with a truck resulting in a professionally fitted inverter and microwave, I’m fairly sure there would be an element of warranty on the job, but as others have said, there have been no problems with them.