Recommendations?

Quick question, are their any decent books out there for a completely new person considering taking their LGV licence? Kinda a LGV for dummies. I’ve very little idea about trailers, loading, tacographs, coupling, securing loads, engine brakes?..pretty much all the things that surround LGV driving.

Cheers.

Hiya
Don’t worry about loading,securing or tachographs too much atm that can be done later,if you search on here for that and will be covered on the cpc course.
Coupling and uncoupling will be covered on the class 1 course so get your C licence first,

Ring a few trainers and go for an assessment drive get your head round driving the rest you can learn as you go.

I would look through this forum as you can find anything your looking for on here. If you go for the jump into training I recommend this book, it’s got everything in it. I got it near the end of my training so I haven’t used it much but it would be great for someone starting out.

Thank you gentlemen

Go on youtube there are loads of videos of manual gears with splitters and high low range boxes, how to hook up to a trailer, people like Trucker Jay posting their everyday deliveries and a mountain of info on all aspects of the job. Far more accurate and real life than any book written by someone who probably never did the job. :wink: