Recommendations of training centres which offer Car to C+E?

I had my ‘‘induction assessment’’ with a London based training centre today.
(Basically you go straight from you car to driving a Class 2 lorry around the streets for 15-mins :: And providing you’re reasonable at driving you can then book in for your training)

Unfortunately though, whilst on their website they advertise offering ‘‘Car to C+E’’…
The actual reality is that they only offer them option to people who’ve already got previous experience driving large veichles such as buses. :neutral_face:
*So was abit annoyed that I’d waited (wasted) 6-weeks just for this induction-assessment, only to be told they don’t actually offer what they advertise on their website.

My reason for only being interested in Class 1 is quite simply because I’ve got no interest in doing multi-drop work, and therefore feel it would be foolish + wasteful spending months doing Class 2 (their next available training slots are in February next year)…
Simply to then still need to wait 6-12months all over again, plus pay for training again to then upgrade to Class 1.

But so can anyone recommend any training centres which actually offer Car to Class 1 training, please??

I’m based near London, but happy to travel (or stay if the centre offers on-site accomodation).

Ideally I would be looking for a training provider which offers all the components of the training combined (theory + CPC), and also which conducts manovering tests at their own centre (so where I trained).
(Plus if any providers offer ‘‘pass guarantee insurance’’, where I pay a premium in-advance, but then get unlimited tests until I pass included :: That’d ofcourse be a high priority)

Thanks

Anonymous86x:
I had my ‘‘induction assessment’’ with a London based training centre today.
(Basically you go straight from you car to driving a Class 2 lorry around the streets for 15-mins :: And providing you’re reasonable at driving you can then book in for your training)

Unfortunately though, whilst on their website they advertise offering ‘‘Car to C+E’’…
The actual reality is that they only offer them option to people who’ve already got previous experience driving large veichles such as buses. :neutral_face:
*So was abit annoyed that I’d waited (wasted) 6-weeks just for this induction-assessment, only to be told they don’t actually offer what they advertise on their website.

My reason for only being interested in Class 1 is quite simply because I’ve got no interest in doing multi-drop work, and therefore feel it would be foolish + wasteful spending months doing Class 2 (their next available training slots are in February next year)…
Simply to then still need to wait 6-12months all over again, plus pay for training again to then upgrade to Class 1.

But so can anyone recommend any training centres which actually offer Car to Class 1 training, please??

I’m based near London, but happy to travel (or stay if the centre offers on-site accomodation).

Ideally I would be looking for a training provider which offers all the components of the training combined (theory + CPC), and also which conducts manovering tests at their own centre (so where I trained).
(Plus if any providers offer ‘‘pass guarantee insurance’’, where I pay a premium in-advance, but then get unlimited tests until I pass included :: That’d ofcourse be a high priority)

Thanks

Have you looked at the forum sponsor Peter Smythe Transport Training. Pass protection is also something they offer and can assist you all the way. And offer free accommodation for anyone 70 miles or more away

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

And don’t forget the 10% discount just for mentioning your user name on here. Think the pass protection is for up to 3 restested from memory. This can take the pressure off people to not have to worry about passing first time. I believe they also did the very first car to CE test

Thankyou. :slight_smile:

The 2 companies (who I’ve spoken with before on this forum) are Peter Smythe & Chevron, so am leaning towards one of them.
*Not sure if they’re the same company / Offer the same specs & pass-protection?

I’ve had a look at both their websites, but will need to drop them both an email to get clarity + confirmation about a few things of what they offer.

They are both now the same company but trading under different names.

simcor:
They are both now the same company but trading under different names.

I see - Thankyou for this info.

Another option is Road Train in Thurrock.
Great company and you practice your reverse at the same place you take your test just like with Peter Smythe.

Depending what side of London you are? eptraining.co.uk/hgv-traini … g%20centre
Not sure what their wait times are now. They have their own reversing practice area, but it’s not certified for a test, but I don’t see what the issue is they are laid out the same. Recommended!

Thanks for all the info & recommendations guys. :sunglasses:

I’ve decided to go with either Peter Smyth or Chevron | So now just trying to choose between the two…

Anonymous86x:

I’ve decided to go with either Peter Smyth or Chevron | So now just trying to choose between the two…

If you have any questions our office is open from 07.30 - 17.30, always happy to help.

John

Anonymous86x:

I did my car to class 1 with Chevron recently, very happy with the service provided. You won’t be disappointed if you decide to go there.

chevmac:

Anonymous86x:

If you have any questions our office is open from 07.30 - 17.30, always happy to help.

John

Hello and thankyou… I have decided to go with your company (Chevron). :slight_smile:

I sent you guys an email yesterday, just asking for clarification regarding the specs of the ‘Pass Protection’ scheme you offer / if the discount mentioned on this forum is still available / and when the next available course dates are…
But so hopefully I can get myself booked in to do my training with you guys shortly. :sunglasses:

Anonymous86x:

chevmac:

Anonymous86x:

John

Hello and thankyou… I have decided to go with your company (Chevron). :slight_smile:

I sent you guys an email yesterday, just asking for clarification regarding the specs of the ‘Pass Protection’ scheme you offer / if the discount mentioned on this forum is still available / and when the next available course dates are…
But so hopefully I can get myself booked in to do my training with you guys shortly. :sunglasses:

We look forward to helping you on the road to getting your C+E licence, I’m sure one of the ladies in the office will be in touch very soon.

John :smiley: :smiley: