Recommendations for HGV Training schools close to Birmingham

Hi, has anyone recently passed their HGV Class 1&2 in or around Birmingham? Looking at prices, and all the ones I have found (real ones not brokers) are all pretty similar, so I really need people’s advice on how you went about it and your overall experience as I’m at a brick wall now of who to choose?

I have prices for the following : Hughes, Top Gear, Transervice, Action training, CRH training.

If you can recommend any that I have missed please let me know.
Thanks

Have you checked out the link in my signature below :question:

Members recommended schools and independent reviews in that link :bulb:

I’d caution against CRH. Their price is low for a reason.

I’d recommend you to do it in any village or smaller town avoiding learning in Birmingham, I’m sick when I’m driving there in town centre delivering for one of the coops, but up to you if you want to jump in deep water. I did my class 2 in Peter Smythe and this area is really cool.

There must be a reason for us having a continual stream of candidates from the wider Birmingham area.

If I were you, I would consider price last. This is a once in a lifetime purchase (hopefully) so quality is surely the supreme consideration. Visit the trainers, have a look at the set up, the vehicles, the reversing facilities before you part with a penny. The only exception to this is to book on rock solid recommendation. As for us, we’re a long way from the most expensive but we’re also not the cheapest. But we cant afford to get it wrong or the whole of the forum will know very quickly! As it is, you’ll struggle to find any negative feedback. (and I cant control that in any way).

You’re welcome to call in at our centre at any time between 0730 and 1730 Monday to Friday without appointment. A member of the team will be happy to show you around and show you what we have to offer. If that’s not practical, give us a call on 01623 555661 and ask as many difficult questions as you like.

Not all training is the same.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I learnt with Peter Smythe, driving up from Cambridge for my C & CE courses.

Can’t recommend enough.

So my advice would be end your search and and go visit PSTT. You won’t regret it.