Recommend me some wireless earbuds/ hands free kits

Currently use standard wired Samsung. They’re almost broken and I can’t really hear through them anymore.

Looking for an upgrade. Something to talk through clearly, can wear comfortably and preferably something that doesn’t pick up the road noise too much.

Cheers.

Perhaps doesn’t help much, but ear plugs / buds worn whilst driving are a great way to distance a driver even further from being aware of what is around them and opportunity to miss that crunching noise as they miss hearing someone going under the wheels!

ebay 255277608093 Plantronics 4210

trust me you will not find a better more comfortable bluetooth headset, handily leaving one ear 'ole free.
Whomever you are speaking to will think you are in a quiet room and the battery last around a genuine 12 hours talk time after a full charge.

Acorn:
opportunity to miss that crunching noise as they miss hearing someone going under the wheels!

Sounds awful…

I don’t want to hear that!

Juddian:

trust me you will not find a better more comfortable bluetooth headset, handily leaving one ear 'ole free.
Whomever you are speaking to will think you are in a quiet room and the battery last around a genuine 12 hours talk time after a full charge.

I like everything except the headband … looks abit tactical.

Acorn:
Perhaps doesn’t help much, but ear plugs / buds worn whilst driving are a great way to distance a driver even further from being aware of what is around them and opportunity to miss that crunching noise as they miss hearing someone going under the wheels!

Totally agree they should be illegal while driving.
And really hate when I see drivers wearing them massive Bose headphones.
How the hell you can concentrate with them.on I have no idea.

Get a Bluetooth speaker or a device that will let you tune it in to your radio system

I had a good steer from GoodFriend: AfterShokz.
Loads of cheaper similar bone conduction sets around too.
They don`t go inside your ear so you get full all around hearing of your surroundings.
Good for phone, speech, music etc. Light weight and not obtrusive. Approved for cyclists, runners etc, good to hear those bloody forklifts coming at you as you cross a yard.
Could do with a longer battery life (everything could!) but works for me.

Juddian:

No doubt they work very well but they make you look like a right knob :laughing:

edd1974:

Acorn:

Totally agree they should be illegal while driving.

I also agree, anything that stops you hearing what’s going on around you whilst driving should be illegal, having said that I’d make it illegal for pedestrians to wear them to :smiley:

I remember saying before that it should be illegal to wear anything that stops you hearing what’s going on around you while driving and was told that deaf people are allowed to drive, but there’s a difference between having a disability and an unnecessary voluntarily self inflicted disability :unamused:

tachograph:
an unnecessary voluntarily self inflicted disability :unamused:

This could describe multiple things

Anker Soundcore life P3 earbuds or any of there different models that you fancy at a price you fancy.

With the app you have then in noise cancelling mode when required for example at an RDC waiting room. Transparency which allows background noise through etc.

Good sound quality, decent battery, charging case so when not in use keep them fully charged. Use as a pair or one on its own for making a receiving calls.

That’s what I currently use myself, but I would suggest not using a pair when driving, only one to keep one ear free for outside sounds.

Life P3 are 79.99 on the Anker website at the moment but sure I paid less than that for mine on Amazon.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Acorn:

I thought it was illegal to wear them when driving i was gobsmacked when i found out it isn’t -

The Law on Wearing Headphones While Driving
In the UK, it is not specifically illegal to drive while wearing headphones, but if the police believe a driver was
distracted or not in full control of their vehicle, the driver could be stopped and penalised3
. Rule 148 of the
Highway Code also states that safe driving and riding needs concentration, and therefore drivers and riders
should avoid distractions such as loud music that could mask other sounds.
However, in some countries, using headphones while driving is illegal. In July 2015, France made it illegal for all
drivers, riders and cyclists to ‘bring to their ear’ any device capable of emitting sound (excluding corrective
deafness electronics), such as headphones and Bluetooth headsets for the purpose of making or receiving
telephone calls or to listen to music. If drivers or riders choose not to comply with these rules, they could face
a €135 fine or a loss of three points on their driving licence, which is equivalent to the penalty faced by those
not wearing their seatbelt4

The use of headsets is also prohibited in some states of the US and Canada5

rospa.com/rospaweb/docs/adv … action.pdf

Cambridge Audio buds if splashing out, for the exceptional sonics.Those observations regarding lack of awareness,danger to concentration bla bla is pure cobblers.Theres no sense in absorbing persistant,discordant road noises for hours on end,or maybe i’m missing something here? :angry: Other senses get heightened to compensate visually etc.

A little nerve calming music more than compensates for any perceived aural deficits. Ludicrous assertions from the upholders of pompous rectitude,nothing less.

Pwowfeshnuw dwoyvaz,god spare us from their tedious self righteousness’s. :smiling_imp:

manalishi:
Theres no sense in absorbing persistant,discordant road noises for hours on end,or maybe i’m missing something here?

Don’t modern trucks have decent head units in them allowing you to stream music and podcasts etc from your phone (or other device) using AUX, Bluetooth or USB memory sticks?

Bin Man:

manalishi:
Theres no sense in absorbing persistant,discordant road noises for hours on end,or maybe i’m missing something here?

Don’t modern trucks have decent head units in them allowing you to stream music and podcasts etc from your phone (or other device) using AUX, Bluetooth or USB memory sticks?

Some do some don’t. Depends on whether it was specified with Bluetooth. And again not all support both Bluetooth for calls and audio streaming. Hopefully as newer models come out they will all have those types of functionality much like most cars do as standard.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Bin Man:

manalishi:

Yep a whole plethora of wizardry and all round clever dickery at our beck and call but l found the road noise levels increasingly inconducive to good quality mp3-player-based (sony nwz) audio enjoyments,especially on the longer hikes.Sort of like factory noise in which ear-plugs are useful.

I like my music,hate the surface road noise and general daily cacophony that tends to intrude on a good audio experience.The Cambridge audio buds,l find, seal in the sound (sensible volume levels natch) and filter out the more intrusive encroachments, plus with a useful one finger jab to silence them if needing to really savour the siren racket experience from dibble,rapidly approaching in the mirrors that the mark one eyeballs have long registered for some time already.

Two birds,one stone or even three given the hassles that tend to be a feature of in cab bluetooth,pairing endeavours and drop offs.Plus the convenience of combining music and calls especially when using quality gear like the aforementioned Cambridge Audio’s or Bose.Some things are just worth shelling out for.

For unmatched sound quality I recommend the Momentum True Wireless 2 by Sennheiser even though I doubt you can afford them also I don’t know if they work as a hands free - my phone is always nearby so people can hear me speak into it. They can be used as noise cancelling headphones but there’s also Transparent hearing mode if you so insist on listening to your diesel engine(s) rumming. Downside is batteries only last around 3 to 3.5 hours in active listening mode but only take 30ish minutes to recharge

ETS:
For unmatched sound quality I recommend the Momentum True Wireless 2 by Sennheiser even though I doubt you can afford them also I don’t know if they work as a hands free - my phone is always nearby so people can hear me speak into it. They can be used as noise cancelling headphones but there’s also Transparent hearing mode if you so insist on listening to your diesel engine(s) rumming. Downside is batteries only last around 3 to 3.5 hours in active listening mode but only take 30ish minutes to recharge

Yup the sennies were my second choice given they’re a company who have the most impeccable pedigree virtue of developing and perfecting strictly head and ear products exclusively, where as Cambridge have fingers in multiple (excellent) techno pies.For general home and internet l find the Bose option more than useful and incredibly comfortable too.Very slippery slope for the tutored ears but shallow of pockets demographic l belong to but l don’t believe in skimping on the ‘entry-level’ aspects when spending ridiculously lengthy ammounts of time behind the wheel and as a tv and radio refusnik, decent home entertainment seems the only game in town.There’s deffo a gap in the market for better quality mobile worker based systems but ideally not of the cheapest,Asian ‘buy cheap,buy twice’ type of deal you tend to be stuck with in the main.

For all those moaning about the op wearing headphones, if you look at the first product suggested to him, it leaves one ear free to hear all that is going on around him, and I suspect from his reply that he is wanting something for using whilst on the telephone being mithered by pointy shoes, and not for listening to music, so he is actually being a responsible road user by wanting hands free functionality and should be applauded.

shullbit:
should be applauded.

Yes ! Thank you!

But serious. I’m not gonna be listening to loud music for 11hrs solid or on the phone having an argument.

I’m maybe on the phone for about 30min of the whole day… twice a week …

The question is : recommend me this thing
Not
Let’s have a moan and complain about something

:bulb: