RECESSION?

We have been trying to recruit both day and night drivers based at Goole, without much success. We run new vehicles, pay above the average rates and the work is clean and easy. I thought there was an abundance of people wanting a job,get in touch with Malcolm if interested, the jobs are on the vacancies page.

Hi Mike

Just a question for the forum as I don’t live anywhere near you - Are you prepared to take on new drivers?

I’m based in Hull, which is not far from Goole, but I’ve only had my Class 1 licence since last week. So i’d be very interested to know if they’d take on new drivers :slight_smile:

Cheers,

SteveP:
I’m based in Hull, which is not far from Goole, but I’ve only had my Class 1 licence since last week. So i’d be very interested to know if they’d take on new drivers :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Phone him, worst he can do is say no and if he is that desperate he might just say yes.

MIKEHOCKSARD:
We have 2 position for Class 1 drivers for day and night work from Goole. Maximum 6 points, good rates of pay for the best drivers, must be flexible, reliable and customer focused. Contact Malcolm 07984 625554.Weekend work also available Not an agency

MIKEHOCKSARD:
We have been advertising for a couple of class 1 drivers in N E Lincs but nobody seems too interested? We pay above the regional rate, have new trucks and really easy, clean work. Has anyone else had similar experiences, thought there was a lack of jobs about?

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=57227&start=0

We have 2 position for Class 1 drivers for day and night work from Goole. Maximum 6 points, good rates of pay for the best drivers, must be flexible, reliable and customer focused. Contact Malcolm 07984 625554.Weekend work also available Not an agency

Nice advert but lacking on a few specifics like rates of pay, average hours, type of work, what.if any, experience needed etc
A landline number is always useful as well… :bulb:

MIKEHOCKSARD:
We have been trying to recruit both day and night drivers based at Goole, without much success. We run new vehicles, pay above the average rates and the work is clean and easy. I thought there was an abundance of people wanting a job,get in touch with Malcolm if interested, the jobs are on the vacancies page.

Fair play for paying “above average rates” - what is the average rate of pay in the Goole area ?

m4rky:
Hi Mike

Just a question for the forum as I don’t live anywhere near you - Are you prepared to take on new drivers?

We have taken on newly passed class 1 drivers before, as long as they are over 25 and have had experience on class 2’s

MIKEHOCKSARD:

m4rky:
Hi Mike

We have taken on newly passed class 1 drivers before, as long as they are over 25 and have had experience on class 2’s

ROG - Might be worth posting this thread onto the new and wannabe’s■■?

is it distance work and nights away, or just day and night runs

if its nights away I might be interested, but don’t want to travel all that way every day.

my thoughts exactly

There is a job on night’s going at Goole with a subbie of Stobarts working for TESCO £9.50 per hour,£12.50 Sunday, they will try to suit what you want i.e 5 shifts followed by 6 or just 5. Monday Friday/Sunday Thursday, 03 merc, NEW SCANIA in September.

I have just turned it down today, PM me and I will forward how/who to get in touch with,

If your one of those pappy mouthed kid’s who wants to go clubbing/football training/ out wi mi mates, dont bother.

I have spoken with Malcolm seems genuine nice bloke, would have done it like a shot, but when you are waitng for a bus two alway’s come along, and I decided to stick with the first one.

If your one of those pappy mouthed kid’s who wants to go clubbing/football training/ out wi mi mates, dont bother.

Maximum hours and don’t you DARE try and have a life outside work, then? Ahhhh…Those were the days… :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You know what I mean lucy. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: