Reasons to be miserable part 3

44 Tonne Ton:
Those legs weren’t pretty Malc. Glad to hear things are improving for you.

They cracked open again at the weekend but at least I have a huge supply of antibiotic cream and a willing helper to apply it. I am looking for a younger one though!!! :laughing:

Interesting about the “thing” that bit Rob as I was bitten in Africa about 10 years ago and my foot looked like a football. I had about 3 months treatment by some of the finest Cuban doctors and eventually got the inflammation down, although it meant walking 4km every day to the clinic. I mentioned it at the hospital recently but they don’t think it is related.

Wheel Nut:

44 Tonne Ton:

They cracked open again at the weekend but at least I have a huge supply of antibiotic cream and a willing helper to apply it. I am looking for a younger one though!!! :laughing:

Interesting about the “thing” that bit Rob as I was bitten in Africa about 10 years ago and my foot looked like a football. I had about 3 months treatment by some of the finest Cuban doctors and eventually got the inflammation down, although it meant walking 4km every day to the clinic. I mentioned it at the hospital recently but they don’t think it is related.

Quack said what bit me was “probably” an oss fly, but I think he was just making it up and didn’t have a clue tbh.

Rob K:

Wheel Nut:

44 Tonne Ton:

Quack said what bit me was “probably” an oss fly, but I think he was just making it up and didn’t have a clue tbh.

When I first went to the clinic with my bite. I was sent behind a curtain and had to produce several samples, one was a fresh stool, and they gave me a used bread bag to catch it in :laughing:

:open_mouth:

No worse than the crap that was in the bag previously! :grimacing:

44 Tonne Ton:
No worse than the crap that was in the bag previously! :grimacing:

Yeah, we only got Harrys

Wheel Nut:
Things have certainly improved since May. I am out of bandages and using an antibaterial cream every couple of days, but the bleeding and leaking have stopped, the pain has almost gone and my legs are not swollen as much. Quite a scary time, whatever it was :open_mouth:

So glad to hear you are on the mend, your legs looked realy painful in those photos. Hope you make a speedy recovery :wink:

Wheel Nut:

44 Tonne Ton:

Have you tried honey for the ulceration on your legs Malc? An old wives cure with a degree of success it seems?

44 Tonne Ton:

Wheel Nut:

44 Tonne Ton:

Have you tried honey for the ulceration on your legs Malc? An old wives cure with a degree of success it seems?

No, but my luck I would get stung by bees or get eaten by fruit flies. I will research this tomorrow…

Wheel Nut:

44 Tonne Ton:

Wheel Nut:

44 Tonne Ton:

No, but my luck I would get stung by bees or get eaten by fruit flies. I will research this tomorrow…

:grimacing:

Here’s a wee link for you.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3787867.stm

I see now. I was expecting to being labbered up in Gales or Tesco Honey. The Manuka seems to be proven and is a natural product which I like.

I know my dog would like it!!!