Reasonably Smart?

Hi,

I’ve just registerd with an agency and have found me some work. So I have to go the company tommorow morning between 9-10 for a chat with them. In the text from the agency it says take my safety boots and hi-vis and dress reasonably smart. I’m a bit puzzled, should I go dressed in trousers and a shirt with the safety boots and hi-vis in a bag or something, or go dressed in the safety boots, jeans, hi-vis?

If all goes well I will start on Monday. So me personally I wanna go in shirt and trousers, nice shoes. Make a good impression but I dont wanna feel like a bit of douche.

Weird I know but thanks

I would take it as meaning a polo shirt and quality jeans. Ie. not frayed or full of holes.

Don’t expect them to stay spotless. Although wearing gloves will cut down on dirt and grease getting on clothes.

I’ve been to 2 interviews wearing this ^ and got both jobs so smart jeans, and polo shirt is ok, and have a shave.

Cheers guys. Jeans it is!

I was actually debating whether to have a shave or not ;-D

I certainly wouldn’t wear an Arsenal top if I was you. You want to show some ambition :wink:

macci:
I certainly wouldn’t wear an Arsenal top if I was you. You want to show some ambition :wink:

Wouldn’t be seen dead in one :slight_smile:. I see the Censor isn’t working. How did Arsenal get past it :smiley:

Anyway. To the OP. Let us know how it goes.

Just means presentable really. Jeans or better still black work trousers, the ones with lots of pockets. Dickies I think they’re called. Clean, newish polo shirt, that sort of thing. Wear your safety boots to the interview, just polish them up a bit first.

Lol most days I’m too ashamed to be seen in an arsenal shirt let alone where one to a interview. Reminds me of when I watched Eddie stobart and a fella went for an interview in a stoke shirt and he never got the job!

So I went there they literally took my documents and said the agency would be in contact.

Anywhoooooo, the agency found me work for Monday and Tuesday in park royal to keep me busy.

Thanks for al the advice and that lads.

Harry Monk:
Just means presentable really. Jeans or better still black work trousers, the ones with lots of pockets. Dickies I think they’re called. Clean, newish polo shirt, that sort of thing. Wear your safety boots to the interview, just polish them up a bit first.

Haha I still have a pair from my old job;-D

Now what should I wear to go see about a job on mon :question:

casual in jeans & t shirt

work wear as might be out

dressed in suit or

skirt & blouse

mmmmmmm now the dilemma