Reason for this type of tyre failure

4 of Hankook’s 385/65R22.5 have failed on 2 of my trailers. Different trucks different drivers and trailers. All had the same production date and I heard rumors that there was a faulty batch of them. Can anyone explain this type of damage other than a faulty tire?

Keep tight hold of those tyres. If you’ve hit others fitted, it should be ringing alarm bells. What happened wgen you spoke to the tyre provider? Have you spoken to Hankook yet?

Where are you based? Looks Tropical.

Cyprus.

Tire fitter replaced us 2 of them but he is saying that Hankook doesn’t give him refund!

My question is there any other change for this damage to occur other than tire failure? I am going to contact Hankook directly but I want your opinions

I am attaching some other photos of failures

The last batch of 4 photos (last 3 seem to be the same tyre / damage) show tyre damage (damage to the tyre) rather than tyre failure (the tyre didnt perform as expected).

yes damage from who? the fitter?

patrokloscy:
yes damage from who? the fitter?

No1 is a cut on the inside wall, possibly a stone, metal car/ spike, depends where you drive
No2-4 looks like a scuff/scrub against something. Need more info or to physically look at them

So it’s just bad luck? Don’t think so mate. I have 5 trailers doing this type of work. Never have this type of issue with other tyres even with cheap Chinese

patrokloscy:
So it’s just bad luck? Don’t think so mate. I have 5 trailers doing this type of work. Never have this type of issue with other tyres even with cheap Chinese

Doesn’t matter how many you’ve got, the pictures don’t show tyre failure but tyre damage, and vet you had similar damage even Chinese ones
The cut sidewall is entirely consistent with damage from outside rather than tyre failure.

Acorn:

patrokloscy:

Doesn’t matter how many you’ve got, the pictures don’t show tyre failure but tyre damage, and vet you had similar damage even Chinese ones
The cut sidewall is entirely consistent with damage from outside rather than tyre failure.

To me the last 3 photos look to show a bulge just above the bead, and the scuff is where the tyre has been rubbed looking at it?
I agree with the yellow chalk mark one is damage.

A failure from that bulge, could look like the first set of photos imo.