Rear View Mirror [emoji17]

It’s one thing the public being ignorant about/towards lorry drivers but this is how clued up the government are…

movingon.blog.gov.uk/2019/10/29 … v-horrors/

(3rd pic/words down on page)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Do they not mean the downward facing front looky down mirror?

Look at the other tweet about the pick up with mesh on ,nowt up with that imo ,no different to a barbed wire fence or some spiked railing plus it’s no wider than the mirrors .

Company ‘Zombie Driver’ is only 5 mins from where I live.

Did it used to say “rear view mirror”? I scrolled down and it says “front mirror”

To be fair they do a lot of the time stop dangerous vehicles that are on our roads. I know they don’t get a lot of support on this forum but for the most part they do a decent job.

Saw the ‘scary load’ when it was in Purfleet. The Scania was welded to the bed of the Volvo, with no other load security!! Saw it again when they had pulled it into the Esso Garage by the Circus Tavern.

adam277:
To be fair they do a lot of the time stop dangerous vehicles that are on our roads. I know they don’t get a lot of support on this forum but for the most part they do a decent job.

Why the spin and propaganda of making out the road transport industry is the enemy of the people? They imply that dangerous deviants are rife out there as they recruit the public onto their team to find the horrors and “we’ll hunt them down!”

Disgraceful hate speech from a government department.

Let’s look at the massive transgressions.

A single tyre with shoulder wear/low thread on a truck is hardly a horror as described by DVSA Vehicle Examiner Gareth Prismic (possibly a shortened version of Prize mickey based on his exaggerated claims) especially if some wheeler dealer is taking it to the export boat just like the piggyback Scanny that was apparently welded to the Volvo body. Welding surely beats a ratchet strap.

Or is the overhang the horror of horrors Mr P. Mickey? It looks to be about 2m which is fine but if it is 2-3m then it just needs a marker board.

A missing cyclops mirror. The world might be about to end except more cyclists killed PA since the recent arrival of these mirrors.

8 out of 10 wheel studs loose■■? Since 4 of them are locked with a safety wire system he is continuing with his massive exaggeration or else the real story here is safety wire locking systems are useless.

So yes there are some small transgressions here but to try to turn the public against the road Haulage people based on this is absolutely appalling.

Shame on these lazy tossers who clearly have lots of free time for social media propaganda about their great work…Nottttttttt.

So why not just get on with their jobs and shut their mouths and stop the further radicalisation of the anti truck mindset?

as above.
just plobber jobsworths trying to justify their expenditure and existence which it mostly read my the typical moronic public who know nothing about road transport.
similar to most of the plod twitter rubbish…much ado about nothing and over dramatised to the hilt.
a tyre like that in countrys like sweden is a 50 quid fine and no points hence no biggy, ( being fair,its as bald as a babys bum and should have been changed miles ago so fair cop,but still no need for the frantic drama).
.probably the truck piggybacked should have a marker board or a hiviz flapping and mabey a couple of extra chains holding it down,but again,no biggy.
the flag would probably not obscure the suicide mirror from the drivers seat anyway,but just plod type mince to look at and shake your head in disbelief