Rear steer

Ok so I have a c+e license and in a job as a c+e driver but they’ve asked me to take the rigid out Monday which is fair enough but it’s rear steer 26t I’ve never driven a rear steer any advice■■?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch yer ■■■

Hi
Rear steers are usefull to say the least depends where you need to get into.
They will steer tighter than a normal truck so when your reversing don’t put the same amount of lock on it will turn too tight,look how much lock you will need in a non steer and put half the lock on and try the reverse you will be surprised how little lock you will need.
Before you leave the yard try reversing in a quite corner to get used to it,at least ou will have an idea how it handles.

Jeff.

Thank you Jeff that’s very helpful will try that

I work for a company hiring out dustcarts. I can almost guarantee that when I complete my post hire paperwork I will list damage to the back of the truck ( sometimes very significant damage ) on the rear steer ones.
Just be extra cautious and you’ll be fine. It took me a while to adapt to driving them but they are actually very useful.
Not so much on the motorways where I have to concentrate 110% to avoid side swiping other vehicles but I believe on “proper” trucks the rear steer switches itself off above a certain speed ?

fernando:
I work for a company hiring out dustcarts. I can almost guarantee that when I complete my post hire paperwork I will list damage to the back of the truck ( sometimes very significant damage ) on the rear steer ones.
Just be extra cautious and you’ll be fine. It took me a while to adapt to driving them but they are actually very useful.
Not so much on the motorways where I have to concentrate 110% to avoid side swiping other vehicles but I believe on “proper” trucks the rear steer switches itself off above a certain speed ?

In the old job rear steer trailers were permantly on,I know on some you can turn it off ■■■■ usefull thing rear steers

I drive rear steer but C+E, just tiny movements on the wheel when you’re reversing, can get them in some real tight places, but so easy to lose it on a reverse. A dream going forward just got to be careful of the swing.