Rear steer trailers.

Rear steer trailers,any good or not.? :confused: :unamused: :wink: :slight_smile:

i pulled a rear steer bulker up until i finished work . they are good on tyres , less scrub and have a similar turning circle to a tandem axle . the down side is having to lock the axle before reversing , which means running straight to engage the lock and if delivering in a small yard that takes away the advantage .

Most you can manually lock though (with a shunt valve type button somewhere along the chassis) at least you could with the Lawrence Davids I used to pull.

So if you were pulling up to what you’d gauge to be a tight yard you’d just get out and push the lock button before you drove it into the yard.

Just remember to release it afterwards as it kinda defeats the object of a rear steer if you don’t. :smiley:

Hi
All true
Our latest ones are on the reversing light switch or go the hole hog & buy a positive steer.
cheers
Rich

I had a Dyson semi low loader new in 74 and I had a switch in the cab to lock the rear axle for reversing so things do not seem to have changed much in 40 years

cheers Johnnie