Rear marker signs

I have notice few new trailers with no marker signs on the back the orange and yellow one.
They have had on red reflective tape on them tape goes from top of trailer door to bottom of trailer door .So is this legal not to have the marker signs on the rear of trailer :confused:

fingermissing:
I have notice few new trailers with no marker signs on the back the orange and yellow one.
They have had on red reflective tape on them tape goes from top of trailer door to bottom of trailer door .So is this legal not to have the marker signs on the rear of trailer :confused:

as far as i know if the reflective tape is all around the the rear doors them marker boards are not necassary although they can still be fitted, we had a memo at my work with all the options for each spec vehicle, bit like thisā€¦

roadsafetygb.org.uk/news/958.html

Hiya a pal of mine took his f88 and stepframe trailer for testā€¦the chap in the test station
asked why he had long vehical boards on his trailerā– ā– ? my mate said its a long vehical !!!
the tester said can you carry a boat on the stepframe my mate said i can carry 1/2 a dozen
small oneā€™sā€¦the tester said you donā€™t need any markers at allā€¦confused or whatā€¦
John

Iā€™ve known one fail for having Long vehicle written on it (and it was long). I can only assume that car drivers have been educated to such a standard that they now know what the marker boards mean.

caz:
Iā€™ve known one fail for having Long vehicle written on it (and it was long). I can only assume that car drivers have been educated to such a standard that they now know what the marker boards mean.

the ā€œlong vehicleā€ marker boards can only be fitted to trailers pre 1996. after 1996 they have to be honeycomb effect & plain.

even with red tape fitted trailers with a max gross ofer 3500kg must have marker boards fitted unless its for carrying 2 or more boats or vehicle bodies.
red tape must be fitted to the rear newly regesterd hgvā€™s & trailers from july 2011.