Rear marker plates

Are they no longer a legal requirment on rigids/trailers?
Seems the newer motors dont have any.

Suedehead:

the legal requirement has changed due to new trucks/trailers being fitted with refelctive outline marker tape

Moose:

Suedehead:

the legal requirement has changed due to new trucks/trailers being fitted with refelctive outline marker tape

Cheers for that,what if youre pulling a flat/skelly?

Moose:

Suedehead:

Are you meant to keep these side markers clean? if so, it must break working at height regs?

Flats only need the reflective strip, guessing its the same for Skelly’s

Seems a bad move to omit the marker boards, drivers should know to keep these clean, but a strip of sticky tape is going to : peel off, get dirty and left like it, have bits missing etc.

I thought the outline markings were in addition to the reflective boards. Could be wrong though, certainly our newer trucks have both.

You can have conspicuity tape only or tape and marker boards but not marker boards only after 10/07/11. The tape has to show the outline of the vehicle as best practical.

Steve

cav551:
Seems a bad move to omit the marker boards, drivers should know to keep these clean, but a strip of sticky tape is going to : peel off, get dirty and left like it, have bits missing etc.

i’ve applied red marker tape to the back of my trailer the last month or so ago & believe me it’s not going to easily ‘peel’ off :slight_smile:
if you don’t stick it on carfully you cant just peel it back to put it right , as i found out if yer not carefull it’ll take the paint off :open_mouth:
we also got a proper beast of a power washer/steam cleaner & even the more enthusiastic animals we have as drivers havent taken these strips off yet :laughing: