Reanault t high cab

Well after the firm i worked for went under just before Xmas. I’ve landed myself another job. Starting on the 2nd Jan. Never having driven a Renault before any body on here whose has driven the high cab or dies so. What they like?. Pros and cons wise.

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

I’ve no experience of the T High, but I don’t hear much bad about them, and I do think they are a very smart looking lorry.

I got one a few weeks ago and I love it.
A proper ‘truckers truck’ :sunglasses: …for proper truckers :unamused: :laughing:
It ticks all the boxes for me, room to live, comfort, good ride, no ■■■■ ing about at roundabouts with the gearbox, good storage and all the rest of it.
It depends what you are used to mate, if you have come off Scanias,.Volvos and the like, you will need to make your own comparisons, but I have had ■■■■ Mercs for last 11 years, which can only be described as ‘agricultural’ in comparison to the Renault,.worlds apart in fact in every way.

You ask how much I like it?
Here goes.
It has shiny ss tanks and wheels, and EVEN I intend to maintain the shine on them. :blush: :open_mouth:…that is how much I like it,.I’m like a kid with a new toy :blush: . :laughing:

Just to add (and stress) all polish and polishing will be paid, and NOT done in my own time unpaid, I ain’t that far gone yet ie…I like it but NOT THAT much. :unamused: :laughing:

Btw pm me if you have any bother working stuff out on the control panels, and/or do as I did, look on you tube, that was a great help to me.

robroy:
A proper ‘truckers truck’ :sunglasses: …for proper truckers :unamused: [emoji38]
It ticks all the boxes for me, room to live, comfort, good ride, no [zb] ing about at roundabouts with the gearbox, good storage and all the rest of it.
It depends what you are used to mate, if you have come off Scanias,.Volvos and the like, you will need to make your own comparisons, but I have had [zb] Mercs for last 11 years, which can only be described as ‘agricultural’ in comparison to the Renault,.worlds apart in fact in every way.

Here goes.
It has shiny ss tanks and wheels, and EVEN I intend to maintain the shine on them. :blush: :open_mouth:…that is how much I like it,.I’m like a kid with a new toy :blush: . [emoji38]

Just to add (and stress) all polish and polishing will be paid, and NOT done in my own time unpaid, I ain’t that far gone yet ie…I like it but NOT THAT much. :unamused: [emoji38]

Btw pm me if you have any bother working stuff out on the control panels, and/or do as I did, look on you tube, that was a great help to me.

Cheers for that Rob. Had Daf xfs over the last 7 years. Always liked the look of those big renaults though. It is’nt quite as blinged up as yours sounds with the ss alloys though. I’m shocked to hear you’ve joined the polishing brigade too[emoji1]. I’ll more than likely dm you about some things with it though. [emoji106]

Nozza:

robroy:
A proper ‘truckers truck’ :sunglasses: …for proper truckers :unamused: [emoji38]
It ticks all the boxes for me, room to live, comfort, good ride, no [zb] ing about at roundabouts with the gearbox, good storage and all the rest of it.
It depends what you are used to mate, if you have come off Scanias,.Volvos and the like, you will need to make your own comparisons, but I have had [zb] Mercs for last 11 years, which can only be described as ‘agricultural’ in comparison to the Renault,.worlds apart in fact in every way.

Here goes.
It has shiny ss tanks and wheels, and EVEN I intend to maintain the shine on them. :blush: :open_mouth:…that is how much I like it,.I’m like a kid with a new toy :blush: . [emoji38]

Just to add (and stress) all polish and polishing will be paid, and NOT done in my own time unpaid, I ain’t that far gone yet ie…I like it but NOT THAT much. :unamused: [emoji38]

Cheers for that Rob. Had Daf xfs over the last 7 years. Always liked the look of those big renaults though. It is’nt quite as blinged up as yours sounds with the ss alloys though. I’m shocked to hear you’ve joined the polishing brigade too[emoji1]. I’ll more than likely dm you about some things with it though. [emoji106]

Yeah feel free mate if I can help.
But let’s agree NEVER to mention again, nor talk about , that I have actually become a tank polisher. :blush: :open_mouth:
:laughing:

(Btw I have a habit of missing pms for days or weeks :unamused: , so dont think I’m ignoring you.)

robroy:

Nozza:

robroy:

Here goes.

Yeah feel free mate if I can help.
But let’s agree NEVER to mention again, nor talk about , that I have actually become a tank polisher. :blush: :open_mouth:
[emoji38]

(Btw I have a habit of missing pms for days or weeks :unamused: , so dont think I’m ignoring you.)

Well i try not to ruin your reputation on here mate by NEVER mentioning your polishing habits again. Unless of course i see you polishing those wheels & tank. Might need some tips.[emoji1]. No worries with the DMs i’m no better myself.

Nozza:
Well after the firm i worked for went under just before Xmas. I’ve landed myself another job. Starting on the 2nd Jan. Never having driven a Renault before any body on here whose has driven the high cab or dies so. to VolvoWhat they like?. Pros and cons wise.

If the money is right ? why worry ffs I would Not be Buying one thats for sure,

When Dawsons went Volvo Tony had drivers offering to drive them for less. work that one out,

alpine:
When Dawsons went Volvo Tony had drivers offering to drive them for less. work that one out,

Tragically that doesn’t surprise me,… it REALLY should, but it doesn’t… :unamused:
In fact hardly ever anything I hear about what drivers say and do these days surprises me any longer sadly. :cry:

I know of two owner/drivers with them. One came from a Volvo, one from a DAF, and both are happy.

alpine:

Nozza:
Well after the firm i worked for went under just before Xmas. I’ve landed myself another job. Starting on the 2nd Jan. Never having driven a Renault before any body on here whose has driven the high cab or dies so. to VolvoWhat they like?. Pros and cons wise.

If the money is right ? why worry ffs I would Not be Buying one thats for sure,

Exactly unless it’s a Merc then sod that unless the pay was exceptionally good even then I’d think twice about being stuck in a crappy Merc every day. Anything else no bother at all.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Hasn’t it changed a lot, at one time not to long ago any driver would be embarrassed to drive a Renault with the exception of the magnum
The magnum was the changing game for other manufacturers
And yet Renault discontinued it even though it changed everything about how a truck should be for a driver
Walk across floor
Electric curtains
Swivel driver seat
Able to stand up straight
Fridge
Plenty of locker space
And lots more
Maybe they had loads of people sueing them from falling out of the cab because of its height
Even that was brilliant climbing a ladder to get into the cab
It was even a good looking truck
Big mistake to discontinue it

Bigtruck3:
Hasn’t it changed a lot, at one time not to long ago any driver would be embarrassed to drive a Renault with the exception of the magnum
The magnum was the changing game for other manufacturers
And yet Renault discontinued it even though it changed everything about how a truck should be for a driver
Walk across floor
Electric curtains
Swivel driver seat
Able to stand up straight
Fridge
Plenty of locker space
And lots more
Maybe they had loads of people sueing them from falling out of the cab because of its height
Even that was brilliant climbing a ladder to get into the cab
It was even a good looking truck

It sounds like a Western Star 6900, except you didn’t mention being able to stand up and get dressed between the double bed and cab seats. :slight_smile:

My boss has shifted from Daf to Volvo, with the first of 3 coming recently. I am trying to see if he will get a T High for me instead as he hasn’t ordered the other 2 Volvos yet.

Quinny:
My boss has shifted from Daf to Volvo, with the first of 3 coming recently. I am trying to see if he will get a T High for me instead as he hasn’t ordered the other 2 Volvos yet.

Must admit i liked the look of them when i went over for the interview. They used to run Dafs too. And have 5 volvos in the Fleet. But the rest are T high cabs. Having driven Daf xfs for the last 7 years it will be nice to try out something new.

Bigtruck3:

Why?

switchlogic:

Bigtruck3:

Why?

It’s was just a personal quote, memories of tons of space and the height ride