Really!!.

simcor:

robroy:

simcor:

stu675:
Mini totally at fault.

If you really think that i’d suggest you hand your licence in. The onus is on the larger vehicle to keep more vulnerable road users safe. With that sort of attitude that will be you one day and could be a lot worse and you could even find yourself in front of the traffic commissioner. I’d have a rethink about things if I were you.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Since when was it our job to ‘keep the likes of him safe.’■■
Ok up to a point, but not the 'onus!.
Surely the onus is on him to keep himself safe…especially with a kid on board nonchalantly driving down lane 2 undertaking everything.
If he had been travelling in the correct lane and then consequently not getting in the truck’s BLIND spot (he had ample time to do so ) it wouldn’t have happened.
Lane discipline. :bulb:
Where do I send my licence? :smiley:

Have a look at road hierarchy. Especially as there have been recent highway code changes that puts the onus on heavy vehicles for more vulnerable road users. A vulnerable road user is someone who you can cause the most harm to, because of the size and weight of your vehicle. You won’t agree I know, so waste of time arguing the point.

Until people accept the fact we are expected to keep others safe and change their habits driving like that will continue.

It’s attitudes that have to be changed, like Stu’s blaming the mini, as I said with that sort of cavalier attitude he will be the one doing something like that sooner or later and could end up in a lot worse [zb].

Anyone with eyes can see the mini wasn’t at fault for the accident, maybe driving a little below standard, but the professional driver should have known he was there. How can most of us drive for many years and not ever nearly take a car out let alone actually take one out changing lanes? Sheer luck, I don’t think so.

The truck driver should have known the car was there simple as that. He probably did and potentially did it cause he was getting ■■■■■■ off, he now has the arse ache of insurance forms etc.

And no I ain’t going back and forth as you have done your usual truck of adding (should I hand my licence in too) in typical Rob stylee.

Attitudes to driving do have to change, we see it all day every day. But we share the greatest responsibility on the road it really is as simple as that.

Why would I not agree on the definition of a more vulnerable road user?? :neutral_face:

I get your point, but you said (or at least implied it was our job to keep the likes of him safe, up to a point yes, but surely 80 to 90% is his own responsibility, driving cheerfully in lane 2 undertaking trucks who are (rightly or wrongly) in lane 3.and getting into blind spots ain’t ‘keeping myself safe’’ in my book’
Be aware of idiots in cars yes…be totally responsible for their safety?
Seriously?

As for the trucker,.he wasnt the brightest in the bunch no, but I dont think it was a deliberate manoeuvre because he was ■■■■■■ off.
Maybe a new driver,.maybe even a crap driver, but he was not TOTALLY at fault,.and as for your professional driver remark, yes ok, but there ain’t much professionalism these days is there,.maybe if Mr Mini had been aware of that he would not have given the trucker so much trust.
75% mini fault
25% Truck fault.
100% lack of awareness and anticipation by both parties fault. :bulb:

Chill out on the licence remark mate it was a feeble attempt at humour, but no doubt my opinion will.get right up your crack in typical Simcor stylee. :wink:

Rob like I said not trying to get Into a back and forth with you.

We both mostly agree, and I accept your point of view, but regardless what a Muppet is or isn’t doing on the road the blame lies solely with the truck driver I’m afraid as you well know. In the eyes of the law.

But like I said we are now going to get into a back and forth and playing devil’s advocate etc which I really can’t be arsed with.

If it was a company that self insures, on seeing that video they will have settled immediately with that car driver, and the truck driver potentially with a disciplinary or even worse getting the boot. Even if not self insuring once that footage is passed to the Insurers, the decision will be truck driver to blame 100% I can almost guarantee that would be the outcome.

Oh and my last point to you Rob,

Self responsibility is a thing of the past my friend (I don’t agree with that as I believe in personal accountability and being responsible to be safe yourself as much as possible), there is always someone to blame these days and everything I geared against blaming someone else for not taking responsibility. Blame the American sue everyone and everything culture that is now embedded in our culture too.

Times have changed and those who won’t change or refuse to change will be stuck in the past like relics.

Ok Simon thanks…I’m hanging on your every word. :smiley: …my friend. :neutral_face:

Still say car drivers should not be given carte blanche to drive like that undertaking with no consideration nor a care in the world for potential consequences, and presumably if what you say is right,.relying 100% on our professionalism and defensive driving to keep them safe whilst doing so.

But like you,. I also CBA to argue about it,.so we’ll leave it there eh?

Truck driver should have seen the car, the car driver should know there’s a pass side (lane) and a suicide (lane) particularly where trucks are involved.

youtu.be/-ntdeSLHezM

He’s rightly put his hand up and accepted responsibility.
In this country it’s legal to overtake on either side.