Really angry ! lost money and sleep!

I just got back from a wasted 4 hours :exclamation:
I had a 6.30am booking at Xpedx in Massachusettes, yesterday I was handed a fax saying the load was at Saratoga Transport in Feura Bush NY (90 miles south of here) instead of running down yesterday afternoon and spending the night I came home and set out at midnight (bobtail). I went in the office at F’ Bush and told the woman the reference number.
“What is your trailer number ?” She asks,
“I didn’t bring one, you have 5 of our trailers here” I reply
“All of the emptys from your company are 48 footers, this load is a 53 footer”
"It say’s on this fax you needed a 48’ I said.
"The load had an add on last night, we now need a 53’ " said the woman.
“If it’s not loaded it’s not worth it now because Xpedx have a very tight booking time” I went out and checked all our trailers, there were 3 x 48’ trailers and 2 x 53’, both 53’s were loaded and one of them was only half a trailer full,I noted the number and went back in, “What is on this 53’ trailer ?” I asked.
“Canton,MA” she replies “We just finished loading it”
“So … Not only do you change the trailer requirement from 48 to 53’ and expect us to predict the fact,you have 3 48’ trailers which are empty, yet you put half a load on the only 53’ trailer available and then complain to me, someone here needs his or her ■■■ kicking” I said,
“Put a 48’ on a door and we will transfer that half load from the 53’ and reload that with your load” she say’s,
“There is no point” I reply, “The load will be there too late and be refused,It’s now your problem, not mine,I’m going home”

And here I am
This has cost me about $200 :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Didn’t loose that much after all :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Called in for Mondays load, same run and the are paying me for today :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:smiley: That’s a turn up then Pat, good news.

Done a few runs myself lately, where I’ve got to deliver somewhere late and get there to find they’ve gone home, incompetance galore. :unamused: It’s their money.

Most frustrating Pat :imp: . Glad it turned out well.

I quickly found out after leaving college at 18 that your best way forward in life is to assume that everyone you meet is 100% stupid. If they’re not then it’s a very nice surprise and welcome bonus.

Sadly, the majority of the time the people I meet are indeed incredibly stupid and eventually you learn to plan your day taking this into account.

It used to amaze me beyond belief how the simplest tasks used to get 100% cocked up by these people but now it’s just part of daily life. Often it’s much easier to do their job yourself to get where you want to be, as daft as it may sound. With my patience/tolerance levels, this is certainly the most ‘stressless’ way forward for me to achieve an ‘easy life’ :exclamation: :confused: .

Monday I actually delivered the load that was intended for Friday, As Saratoga Transport had insisted, it was on a 53ft trailer. On arrival at Xpedx, Wilmington MA I broke the seal and opened the doors to find the trailer less than two thirds loaded, it could have easily fitted on a 40ft, let alone one of the 48’s they had down there, :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

The mind boggles :laughing:

as you say rob 100% stupid, these people usually work in the transport office!!!
doesnt really give us much of a chance as we ususally cop the greif not them :imp: :imp: :imp:
chris