Reading parking?

Hi, I’m headed into London tomorrow, I’m going to run out of time around Reading M4, any industrial estates you good folk can recommend? Or anywhere close to M4 in that area.

What time you arriving? I’ll let me security staff/border control at gate 11 know and they’ll let you in!

In at where? :grimacing:

Reading…we ain’t to keen on strangers coming in! :laughing: depending on your ETA and departure times, you might be able to get into Lidl or Aldi (can’t remember which one it is) car park and reverse up towards the chippy wall. Probably won’t be able to park by the over flow car park for the stadium on Worton Grange (normally a few there waiting for Tesco booking time) or you might be lucky to get in at the back of the Shell garage. As a last resort, head down Worton Drive and park with some of the others in the yard of some Company that will be closed over night. All those are 1-2 min from j11.

Actrosman:
Reading…we ain’t to keen on strangers coming in! :laughing: depending on your ETA and departure times, you might be able to get into Lidl or Aldi (can’t remember which one it is) car park and reverse up towards the chippy wall. Probably won’t be able to park by the over flow car park for the stadium on Worton Grange (normally a few there waiting for Tesco booking time) or you might be lucky to get in at the back of the Shell garage. As a last resort, head down Worton Drive and park with some of the others in the yard of some Company that will be closed over night. All those are 1-2 min from j11.

gillete way! Morrisons :grimacing:

Maybe this’ll help!

Thanks actros man! Change of plan now, but I’ve saved your diagram for future reference :blush:

Much obliged :grimacing:

No worries bud

gillette way, you can park there normally room or if you go to the top of the road morrisons on your right turn right at the roundabout ind est on the left always room there :grimacing:

Hi i always used to park on loverock road off portman rd 24 h tesco short walk to liesure center and papa john pizza nearby maybe not to everyones taste near the railway but you dont hear the trains much at all (dony use satnav low bridges and restricted accsess) go via oxford rd and wigmore lane

Gillette way is a good’un Si, would’ve been my next post after y’day but had stuff to do! The chippy just over on Buckland Rd is pretty gd and walkable in a couple of mins, going through Morrisons car park. Loverock Rd is okay if delivering that side of town, not somewhere to go if short on time though. On ‘my’ map, there is a chippy just on the roundabout by Lidl, so not much of a walk from the 3 spots listed. Not sure what the restrictions are like on Suttons Park (bottom end of A329M, where Brakes are but right down the bottom, road is on a loop so no dead ends) but not much locally by way of food unless you walk up A4 towards Maidenhaed/Twyford…probably only 10-15mins but there is a pub that serves food till 9/9:30 and I think there might be a takeaway up on the right or one of those TGI diner type things on the left…pub is a bit further round, no dress code! :wink:

when we are busy im normal parked there in the day time as we run more afternoon late evening and nights

we deliver to reading 6/7 times a week, have a truck down there everyday

dont forget a game of bingo :grimacing: the chippy on the roundabout is it any good? keep meaning to stop one evening to try it

Never actually tried that one Si but normally quite busy…rammed when the footy is on & is open Sunday’s. The other one, you can probably see it from Morrisons front door…it’s just over from the traffic lights by the shops but I think you may know the lights…sure I’ve seen one like yours heading in on the old A33 around 7ish

Conan the Librarian:
Hi, I’m headed into London tomorrow, I’m going to run out of time around Reading M4, any industrial estates you good folk can recommend? Or anywhere close to M4 in that area.

There are service stations in both directions on the M4, and also a couple of lay-bys on the A33 to the south (there’s a BP filling station nearby with a coffee machine and a loo, but it doesn’t accommodate artics).

Actrosman:
Never actually tried that one Si but normally quite busy…rammed when the footy is on & is open Sunday’s. The other one, you can probably see it from Morrisons front door…it’s just over from the traffic lights by the shops but I think you may know the lights…sure I’ve seen one like yours heading in on the old A33 around 7ish

we always use basingstoke road thats the old a33 isnt it , unless i come down 4074 from oxford

IndigoJo…that’s gotta be the worst designed forecourt I’ve come across for artics… Not much room, 1 way in/out and that’s where we get fuel quite often. Top up and reverse into the gateway on left, back up 33, spin round and back down to j11…pain in the jacksy!

Si… Jeez, even one of our night drivers doesn’t come through ‘The 13 bends of Death’!! A34 was blocked a while back (when the coppers stopped to remove a dead badger and an artic ran into another, killing the driver) so he went back up to M40, along to Wycombe, 404 to M4 to Reading…time wise from 34/40 split is near identical but kin’ell! U can also come off at Oxford services, A40 to Oxford, 423 (think) straight through to Sainsburys and left on 4074… Crack on as norm! He doesn’t know that way (or a couple of others) so sits on the m/way or in the traffic…driver my arse

love that 4074 road proper doing road :grimacing: i should have got my camera out last night, i was playing whos got the best noise under the railway bridge near the mens club :wink: , fellas going into the club gave me the win lol :grimacing: :laughing:

Gillette way now doubled yellowed as I found out earlier :unamused: :imp:

OllieNotts:
Gillette way now doubled yellowed as I found out earlier :unamused: :imp:

Really? Wonder who’s been grizzling? The Purple/Blue Rinsers heading for a session at BJ’s■■?

been double yellows for about 4 weeks :cry: