RE: Wiseman dairy

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone as ever worked for Robert wiseman or know much about them.

Just filled an application in for Trafford park for class 2 driving

Does anyone know what the pay is, hours ETC

cheers

If you do a search on here there is some things you’ll find, from what i’ve read on here they seem a pretty good company now owned by Muller of course.

I am Cat C at the bridgwater’ dairy.
it’s £8.62/h time and half Saturdays, double time Sundays.
25 days holiday plus 8 b/h, 3 of which must be taken off.

Expect to work 40 - 45 hours and every other Saturday.

hope that helps, let me know if you need any other details.

cheers kevin,

so is it generally Monday to Friday, buit having to work every other Saturday then?

Batesy2014:
cheers kevin,

so is it generally Monday to Friday, buit having to work every other Saturday then?

I think you’ll find that’s what the man just said :unamused:

Batesy2014:
cheers kevin,

Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs are probably more likely in my experience working at Manchester. You generally need to work one day at the weekend anyway to make your wage good. £8.62 (must have gone up a bit since) is above average for class 2 work, but you far from max your hours out. You get time and a half after 39 hours and nobody rushes for that reason.

Even if you do end up turning it down, worth doing the induction for 2 days free CPC :wink:

I used to see them at my local test centre. They must have their own driving school.
So if they are willing to train up young drivers and take a chance on them, Then they can’t be too bad.

rob22888:

Batesy2014:
cheers kevin,

Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs are probably more likely in my experience working at Manchester. You generally need to work one day at the weekend anyway to make your wage good. £8.62 (must have gone up a bit since) is above average for class 2 work, but you far from max your hours out. You get time and a half after 39 hours and nobody rushes for that reason.

Even if you do end up turning it down, worth doing the induction for 2 days free CPC :wink:

They have wised up to that now. I was told they had a few people come and go. One driver took two weeks of work and joined Wisemen for the CPC and left. He soon lost his job after Wisemen asked for a reference lol

decent that, I wouldn’t mind working one day at weekend

I worked at Willenhall for a few years. Pay and shifts all depend on what job you will be doing… (Fixed route, cover or the dreaded holiday cover… lol)

why, might they not take you on to drive all the time for them??

No not that. Fixed route and cover drivers tend to have same shift pattern over 2 weeks. Difference between the 2 is that fixed you do the same run and with cover, you will do 4-5 runs over 2 weeks but they will always be the same. With holiday cover, your weekly rests change to the needs of the business. No 2 weeks are ever the same and you will know a lot of the runs. Sometimes you won’t work weekend other times you work all weekend, sometimes you start at 5 and others 1.30, as was at our depot

ah right I see what you are saying mate.

I know its an old thread but had a question regarding the supply chain management of Wiseman.

Do they deliver milk to all shops directly or does some of it go through DC?
How often will they deliver to lets say a Tesco Express?

If its anything like Arla it’ll always be to shops and never to a DC. Express shops not unlike all shops get their milk at least once a day.

There’s plenty of overtime, but they don’t like you milking it.
You have to be there a couple of years before you get the cream jobs, also watch them for paying your hours correctly so try and keep a dairy to check them.
Also beware of the cow in the traffic office.

Do you keep a Dairy of your driving Hefers. ?

Oops, just noticed I copied Robroys joke, apologies ‘Beefor’ anyone has a dig at me.

Riho:
I know its an old thread but had a question regarding the supply chain management of Wiseman.

Do they deliver milk to all shops directly or does some of it go through DC?
How often will they deliver to lets say a Tesco Express?

In the regions in which they serve them, Tesco & Aldi all goes direct to stores including Express with the exception of a few individual stores with tricky delivery curfews. Sainsburys is all direct to store except in certain regions where the Locals orders go to RDC first. Co-Op is direct to store in some regions not others. One Stop all direct to store. Lidl, Spar, Nisa all through RDC.

Deliveries to the big chains were always daily 364 days a year, the big money making 24hr Tesco’s got two a day.