Re-tests

Unfortunately I failed my class 1 test at the end of July. I failed due to clipping a curb on a roundabout everything else great only 2 more minors, reverse and re couple fine. Since then I have struggled to get a retest had one booked 25th September but it was cancelled the morning of the test and no cancellation have come up so far. Is it normal to take this long or am I being taken for ride? Worried the longer it goes on the less chance I have on test as haven’t sat in a truck since July!

sounds strange to me…

Have you checked the website to see when if there is a new date for you, they should have notified you of new date, but letters/e-mails do go astray. If not phone them because it should have been done within a day or two even if they make you wait an eternity.

that does sound a long time to wait did the place you trained with not organize the retest for you ■■?
jx

Who did you train with :question:

Do they test from their own place or do they test from a DVSA testing place :question:

The test was in Wrexham. I checked on dvsa myself and tests are now in December! There was a cancellation next Tuesday which I suggested but no vehicle or instructor available!

It can be tricky to organise retests at short notice because, as mentioned above, you have to have the appointment, trainer and vehicle all available at the same time. We do our best to re-arrange where we can to make it happen but it’s often difficult.

Time was when all it took was a quick phone call and a retest could be arranged. But the DVSA have reduced the number of examiners and are now unable to cope with the increase in demand due to the national economic upturn. They are frantically recruiting and training examiners but they say the process takes 9 months. I’ll resist the temptation to make comparisons with human reproduction!

Literally on a daily basis, we request more and more examiners. This isn’t because we need a lot of retests - but obviously we do have some. It’s simply to try and deal with the volume of work we have. Good problem to have - but frustrating sometimes. The requests sometimes get a positive response. But not as often as I’d like.

So it looks though the situation will ease. But not this week.

In the meantime, bear in mind that the trainer gains nothing by delaying a retest. It’s just that no trainer can provide a test that doesn’t exist.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the responses maybe I’m just being impatient, just don’t want to have forgotten anything when the time does come, especially now I know how long it takes to get a test!

Maybe best to call a few more trainers to see if they have any better dates maybe even a different test center to see if you can get in sooner, not the best in an ideal world but reading when tests are available its far from ideal. May cost a little more as need a 4 hrs training etc

Could be an option to change trainer, suggested 2 more cancellations that I found yesterday to no avail. Are company’s interested when not wanting a full course? Any recommendations North West area with artic? Preferably auto but manual ok.

Steele:
Could be an option to change trainer, suggested 2 more cancellations that I found yesterday to no avail. Are company’s interested when not wanting a full course? Any recommendations North West area with artic? Preferably auto but manual ok.

check out the trainers in your area using the link below