Re: Good food!

Tinerrz:
Hi,

I have just bought a catering trailer and am looking to provide you guys (and gals) with good cheap food but I want to know where I am needed. Are there any routes you regularly drive where there isn’t anywhere to get good quality cheap food? I am more than happy to relocate anywhere in the UK for the right opportunity.

I appreciate I’m probably trying to find the impossible but this is a new venture for me (and a dream) and you guys obviously know the roads much better than me. I would like to become part of your community in a small way by finding the places you always avoid stopping because there isn’t anywhere to eat and making your lives easier while earning a living for myself.

Any help/advice would be appreciated - but please be gentle cause I’m a trucker forum virgin so if I’ve posted this in the wrong section, can someone please more it to the right place.

Just to add, I will be happy to open any hours you guys recommend and could feasibly open 24/7 if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Obvious advertising spam is still spam although the mods evidently don’t care seeing as the ticket was deleted. :unamused: What’s the point of having the ‘report’ button? Free for anyone to advertise on this site then? Do Michelin know this and One Insurance? Maybe I should inform them? :bulb:

Rob,

Since you’ve raised a feedback type question, I’ve moved it here so as not to derail the topic.
Your OP on that topic was here:

IMHO, it’s not an advert, because it looks to me to be a request for advice about siting a business that doesn’t yet exist.

To be an advert, I think there would have to be an existing business and an invitation to use it.

Rob K:
…the mods evidently don’t care seeing as the ticket was deleted.

Rob, the Mod logs confirm that no ticket was deleted.

Rob K:
What’s the point of having the ‘report’ button?

Maybe the Mod who handled the report just didn’t happen to agree with the point you made?

dieseldave:
Rob,

Since you’ve raised a feedback type question, I’ve moved it here so as not to derail the topic.
Your OP on that topic was here:
Good food! - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

IMHO, it’s not an advert, because it looks to me to be a request for advice about siting a business that doesn’t yet exist.

To be an advert, I think there would have to be an existing business and an invitation to use it.

Rob K:
…the mods evidently don’t care seeing as the ticket was deleted.

Rob, the Mod logs confirm that no ticket was deleted.

Rob K:

Maybe the Mod who handled the report just didn’t happen to agree with the point you made?

Well it’s free advertising then! Didn’t have you down as being stupid Dave, but to anyone with an ounce of common sense it’s an obvious ad worded in such a way to avoid the very things you’ve mentioned above, so they’ve succeeded! :unamused: Besides, who needs yet another Ecoli trailer anyway? :unamused:

There is a chance that the food will be great. You…Will always be a bad apple. :unamused:

Rob K:
Well it’s free advertising then! Didn’t have you down as being stupid Dave, but to anyone with an ounce of common sense it’s an obvious ad worded in such a way to avoid the very things you’ve mentioned above, so they’ve succeeded! :unamused:

Rob,

If a location had been given, then the post would have been pulled.

If we get “well thanks for that guys, I’ve made my mind up now” then I reckon that’s OK too…

…but if we then get “I have a catering business at X location,” that’ll be an advert, so I hope the OP sees this. :wink:

Rob K:
Besides, who needs yet another Ecoli trailer anyway? :unamused:

IMHO, this is a wholly different question. :grimacing:

dieseldave:

Rob K:

Thats correct. The Mod that handled the report did not see any of the reported spam.

Mike-C:

dieseldave:

Rob K:

Thats correct. The Mod that handled the report did not see any of the reported spam.

High time we had some new mods then that know what they’re doing. :bulb:

Yes it’s a good ad, tell me again what do they call it and where is it :unamused: :unamused:

Mike-C:

dieseldave:

Rob K:

if there was no Spam, was there any corned beef? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rob, what is your problem. Do you wake up each morning with the intention of irritating people, or is it something that happens accidentally?

happysack:
Rob, what is your problem. Do you wake up each morning with the intention of irritating people, or is it something that happens accidentally?

I enjoy winding up people like you because it’s a guaranteed bite. The fact you work for Stobbies makes it all the more easier to do too.

You don’t wind me up. You are just adding an extra dimension to my hangover.

It didn’t break any rules, so it stayed- simples,
I have said long and often that you can say almost anything , if your clever about how you say it, the team correctly reviewed the report and found it doesn’t break our posting guidelines

High time we had some new mods then that know what they’re doing.

Seems to me the ones we got understand their role and are doing it just fine- I cant remember the last time I had to overrule any of the volunteer team, I am happy, my manager is happy and the owners are happy- seems a pretty good job is being done all round.