RE: free operator CPC stuff at the top of the forum

So, I’m after a bit more info,

I.e how much it works out if you subscribe to Commercial motor, what will be in the guides etc and if anyone can tell me how many exams there are, what you do and don’t need to do and roughly what sort of costs are involved in obtaining your operator CPC?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Also this is the link to the sticky:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94434

It all depends how easily take in and retain information, can you read a book and recall it 12 months later?

It will work for some, not for all but it is a good deal for both sides

Wheel Nut:
It all depends how easily take in and retain information, can you read a book and recall it 12 months later?

It will work for some, not for all but it is a good deal for both sides

Yes, it’s a fair enough deal, an Operator’s CPC course for buying a copy of Commercial Motor for a year but the two problems I can see are firstly as Wheel Nut has said, it won’t be easy in January 2014 to remember something you studied in January 2013, and secondly everybody who took the Operator’s CPC course I was on did so because they had an urgent need to get one rather than doing it as some type of hobby which might be useful in a year’s time.

Lets look at whats really on offer here… you want a CPC in a hurry… this is not for you, If you want a tutor on the end of a phone line to talk you through the bits your struggling with? this is not for you, If you struggle with home study and need the discipline of a classroom environment? this is not for you - all of them would cost you £’s

Ths is a way for those who think they could manage this sort of study and looking long term for their career to get the CPC syllabus free of charge (apart from buying the magazine and arranging the exam) - It is by no means the easiest option, but to build the course work would only take removing the weekly articles from the magazine and puting them into a folder for reference.

We are hopefully making it very clear that this is not for everyone, only those committed to study alone without assistance, for those that can do that it is a quite unique deal that will save them many £100’s

This is probably a retarded question posted with no former research…but…would this count towards drivers CPC? In other words would this be a free way of obtaining DCPC?

No… to be counted for the DCPC you would need to attend a classroom and the course JAUPT approved

Rikki-UK:
No… to be counted for the DCPC you would need to attend a classroom and the course JAUPT approved

So if you did a classroom course to obtain your CPC and it was JAUPT approved, would you get your DCPC at the sme time if you know what I mean? Thanks…

Rikki-UK:

Thanks for the clarification Rikki :laughing:

STEVECB1300:

Rikki-UK:

So if you did a classroom course to obtain your CPC and it was JAUPT approved, would you get your DCPC at the sme time if you know what I mean? Thanks…

Yes providing you request it as there is a fee attached to uploading DCPC credits.