re camion stew

this is a pic of me parked on the tap line with my mate den i think alot of you will agree there was some great nights had sat round a trailer box even if it was cold as hell a few beers & what ever came out of them dented old tins or maybe its just them rose spec’s we’r lookin through again

“Rose tinted spec’s”, possibly, but I saw red proper one time when a driver parked next to me was trying to get out so I offered to back up a couple of feet to make it easier for him to turn.

As I did so I heard a crunching noise followed by a loud hissing!!! you guessed it, I’d just reversed over my two ring cooker (with grill) and ripped the pipe out of the regulator, no more camion cuisine for that trip!!

Ross.

Big Leggy:
What is or was the attraction of “cooking up” when in Europe you were spoilt for choice when it came to cafe’s or restaurants or taverna’s ■■
I understand the necessity when engaged on M/E runs – but in Europe ■■

Exactly!!

I did used to have all the gear, it was useful for when I was weekended & fancied doing something different, a pasta dish for example, it also had a toaster & you can’t get Marmite on toast on the continent, I was never one for ‘camion stew’ but I once had a cook up in Italy, the tin of questionable mince, chopped tomatoes, baked beans, new potatoes, peas etc, it didn’t taste too bad TBH, being lazy I decided to eat it out of the pan, which I dropped as it was red hot, it fell between the seat & the engine cover of my F12 resulting in me having to take out the drivers seat to get all the spillage cleaned up, as a consequence the 2 ring burner/grill & the gas bottle went in the nearest skip, never bothered after that. :frowning:

I could knock up a killer pork chop with onions & tomato served with canned potatoes & peas. Not forgetting Bisto gravy. Dessert was canned mandarins or rice. Accompanied by lots of fine wine & beer ,topped off by cafe’ cognac. The jokes I told myself were hilarious but I could never remember them in the morning.
Would use the trailer box if the restaurant was full of plonkers or tourists in summer or stuck loading in some factory in Maroc.

Hi All Gavin GS I agree except after I had eaten at Geiselwind I did not need to eat for at least 2 days. Thank goodness corned beef and mandarin tins were a different shape, I could accept peaches and apricot in my stew( just chuck in more curry powder) but the rice i would keep for dessert. Tip-- open the big tins first if you get 2 of rice straight off- forget the stew- go direct to dessert.
Another story: I used to shop at a cash& carry where you had to buy 3 of everything, Robbo used to borrow my card, one day he was in a hurry and couldn’t stpo to get mine so he borrowed Bromilows. When he got to the c&c he discovered that everything was sold by the case! He grabbed a case (48 tins of corned beef hash-sorted) When he got into DDR for the first cookup he discovered he didn’t like corned beef hash! I followed him out a few days later and every driver I met asked me if I wanted a tin of bloody corned beef hash, he had been swopping to try and get something he liked.
Gavin

After eating well in West Germany,a “Full English” out of the trailer box in East Germany for Alan Jones and myself.

Here’s me preparing another culinary delight!

My Kitchen is open.
Dave.

THE BEST ONES TO RUN WITH WERE MICK EKKERSLEY OR BOB HEADLEY FOR THE BEST FOOD OUT OF THE BOX

GERRY MAC:
THE BEST ONES TO RUN WITH WERE MICK EKKERSLEY OR BOB HEADLEY FOR THE BEST FOOD OUT OF THE BOX

your not wrong there bob was great man to run with you never went hungry

toprun.ch/truck/Mega_Middle-East_Run/

There should of been Ian’s photo there :open_mouth:.
Hopefully normal service will be resumed shortly wthout the Gremlins

Ian are you preparing Sushi or Hari Kari. :laughing:

You can let go of my ears babe,I know my job! :slight_smile: I can tell it’s your first time love but you dont actually blow :laughing:

Ian Taylor
bestbooties

Private message

[/quote]
If there is no photo on this one then I shall commit Hari Kari myself :frowning: .

mushroomman:

Ian, are you preparing Sushi or Hari Kari :laughing: .

GERRY MAC:

Hi Gerry, welcome to TruckNet :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . Roy The Boy told me that you were lurking.
Is this a photo of Mick Eckersley with the long black beard ?. :confused:

Another trip, same beach and the same old John Conneely going for a swim.

One of my favourite running mates was Barry Longden, his wife Val always made sure he had plenty of tins of Mark’s and Spencer’s steak and kidney in the grub box. :smiley:

After this kebab i would glady take camion stew!!

[/quote]
Kavala beach yet again■■?

mushroomman:

mushroomman:

Ian, are you preparing Sushi or Hari Kari :laughing: .

As it goes,I think I was peeling mushrooms for a “Full English”!

colin.f.whitetrans:
After this kebab i would glady take camion stew!!

I suppose that is the Uzbek version of the tin rolling around the trailer box with no label !!
GS

bestbooties:

Kavala beach yet again■■?
[/quote]
Just an observation, the chap in the black trunks . . .has something crawled up there, or is that a semi ?

Yeah the Samarkand shashlik. It is fun going into the trailer box and not knowing whats inside the tins tho!! Got artichokes once and have no idea how they got there :unamused: . Took cases of John Smiths and Boddingtons down for the Brits working in Zarafshan and didnt realise they had them little gadgets in them and half of them exploded over my food tins, major bummer when i opened the box to give the lads their beer :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Dave the guy in your photo is that Nigel the ex owner driver? I met him in romford working for a big supermarket chain. Do you no what he is up to now :question:

Reg Colin