Re 18 wheels of steel

have been playing with this recently on the easy level only. i employed ten drivers who all had top spec motors and i let them get on with it and made a million in 8 weeks.
however i was driving a shed.
how do i get my own top spec motor ■■?.

ps. i recommend this game to anyone, its quite addictive.
ps if the road you need is blocked of due to accidents or roadworks then drive up on the wrong side of the road to the next exit. :wink:

never heard of this game dave what format is it pc or a playstation thingy sounds pretty interesting

dave have you got 18 Wheels of Steel Across America?

i got my copy of amazon for £12.99.
its called hard truck, 18 wheels of steel.
it does not mention america in the title, but obviously its american trucking.
the 1st level (easiest) involves driving between reno,san fransisco, LA, pheonix and las vegas.

This game sounds similiar to a game I have for the PC called King Of The Road. Only in this there are European trucks too, eg. Actros, Globetrotter XL, Daf 95xf super space cab, Magnum and Scania 124 not the topline though :frowning: . There are also the American trucks too. You can just hook into one of the triaxle boxs (only other trailer is a tanker) and pull away. You hire drivers in this too so maby its made by the same people. It sounds very similiar anyway.

Hi Karl I got that game aswell. I got the XF SSc with the black cab and the silver grill.This is real. You get stopped by the police for speeding and even get caught on the speed camera’s. Brill game recommend to anyone.

Dave i gave my game away to a mate, i will ask him how and i will post what he say’s on here later for you.
I now have 18 Wheels of Steel Across America,this is a newer version of the game and is alot better,you have better selection of lorrys ranging from daycab Macks,to big Kenworth t2000,Volvo VN770.You also have a better selection of cargo with more trailers,and the best bit is no timer,i would recommend this game to anyone.
Karl and Shaggy i have King of the Road aswell,great game i think,i drive a Merc Actros,pulling Tanker trailers.Hve you ever been up to Greystone,i think its graet place to go,very easy to get lost though,and easy to run out of fuel.

Yeah Greystone is a fair trek. Have you ever noticed that when you get about 20 O/D’s loads of them do loads to greystone. About half of mine do. Mind you I haven’t been on it for ages.

Guys follow the big pylons that are scattered through down to greystone. This is what I used to do when i went down there (very rarely). I like the piece of road from Windcliff to Eastwood. Good speed on the downhills, fairly tested the brakes though :laughing: This game is the best. Pity mines broke. :frowning:

Who has tryed the full size (sit on) 18 wheeler vid game in arcades. Its great, if you get cut up, just drive over the top of them and get extra points. You get to do all the things you would like to do, out in the real world :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah I,ve been on it it’s brill. Also got it for the PS2. I think that (this is how sad i am) microsoft should make a trucking simulator. And like the plane ones, you would be able to download just about any make of truck and any company you want. Even your own truck. What do you think?

Shaggy:
I think that (this is how sad i am) microsoft should make a trucking simulator. And like the plane ones, you would be able to download just about any make of truck and any company you want. Even your own truck. What do you think?

I think this would be great,i would love a game like this,and for once it to be held in Europe,not America,great idea Shaggy :smiley:

You’re dead on Shaggy and Mad. Especially if its like the big arcade game as well. No fun in driving a truck sensibly on video games, we do enough of that Monday to Saturday (or whatever shifts you work), a bit of bash n smash to work out your frustrations would be much more fun :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Anyone know where i could get 18 Wheels of Steel Accross America :question: :question:

www.amazon.com have it for just $4.95

Cant find it on there Neil, for some reason :confused:

:blush: :blush: Neither can I now, but it was there when I looked the other day. :confused: :confused:

Correction, I’ve found it again here.

That’s the wrong game there Neil :laughing: doesn’t matter anyway

I got three game - King of Road, 18 wheels of steel and 18 WOS:America Across.

I prefer King of Road becuse there have european truck and the location are similar to european countries.
I dislike 18 Wheels of Steel cos there have time limit :imp: so i have to drive fast!!! it is suppose not drive fastr for truck! :unamused:
I like fair good America Across there have huge map and good motorway but lacks of traffic - not same as M25!!! and poor truckstop (Small Service Station MSA like as in UK!!!) :unamused:

Ben. :wink: