Rdl / wincanton - ibstock brick

does anyone on here know what its like with rdl or wincanton working for ibstock brick?

There will be 3 types of reply to this,

1, the blokes that still work there will say it’s the best thing since sliced bread. :laughing:

2, the blokes that have left there will say it’s the worse thing since barbed wire toilet seats. :open_mouth:

3, the blokes that have never worked there will talk a complete load of bollox. :unamused:

Well I don’t know which of the above catargories I fit into but,:

I have a couple of mates that work from the Shireoaks yard near worksop.

On the whole they love the work on the bricks, one does mon - fri with every night out, the other mon - fri with as few nights out per year as possible :laughing: ( 1 per fortnight if poss)

Wages are made up from a basic which I can’t remember, and the so many pence per loaded mile on top. With the nights out mate number one reckons to be taking home 550 - 600 per week. Mate number 2 takes home between 4 - 500

During the slack times on building sites ( i.e winter) you can get farmed out onto other wincanton contracts. These can include Sainsburys at Maltby, and the hepworth concrete products near bawtry. Start times usually between 5 & 6, and as it’s building sites last drops are around 4pm.

so thats you in number 3 then?

ill get me coat :smiley:

Please, allow me to open the door for you :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And