RDC

Why dont companies refuse to deliver to RDC where they get messed about, i think if you arrive on time you should be sorted n signed within 2 hours and if you arrive late you have to wait till someone else is late or dont turn up

Company I work for just pulls us out :smiling_imp:

On occasions has had THEM begging to get back on a bay

After 30 mins u phone every 15… you ask them the time and they say:

Them: Yeah whatever mate you’ll have to wait

Only 10 mins after me saying: Unfortunately sir, due to time restraints with priority customers I will have to pull out in 10

Them after being told to pull out:

'Please can you get on a bay ? i’ll get someone straight to you :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: We re-charge them for re delivery :laughing:

Our lot are so scared because the bulk of the work is to RDCs, they do whatever they’re told, if it’s a 6hr wait so be it, absolutely powerless, then they take it out on the driver, accuse you of tossing it off, not ringing in every 2 minutes to keep the office monkeys updated, all sorts of bs…

My gaffer pulls us out after 3 hours of waiting provided were on time with the delivery.

Pimpdaddy:
Our lot are so scared because the bulk of the work is to RDCs, they do whatever they’re told, if it’s a 6hr wait so be it, absolutely powerless, then they take it out on the driver, accuse you of tossing it off, not ringing in every 2 minutes to keep the office monkeys updated, all sorts of bs…

Why do drivers put up with this? I will give them as much as they give me, it soon stops them doing it again!

When at stobrats :grimacing: you get " we couldn’t contact for four hours! :laughing: " to which I replied " I couldn’t tuck the 55’ 44 tonne artic under my pit, and it wouldn’t fit through the door! :wink: " isotrak stays in the cab! :smiley:

weeto:

Pimpdaddy:

Why do drivers put up with this? I will give them as much as they give me, it soon stops them doing it again!

Tried it and I got sacked. you can’t win :cry:

I’m currently parked for the night around the corner of Iceland Enfield. I deemed three hours on the bay with absolutely nothing happening to be excessive so went back to goods in, retrieved paperwork and keys and pulled out. I only had an hour left on a 15 so I didn’t think they’d be capable of tipping 26 pallets in that time so made the decision, parked up and THEN phoned our yard. They backed me, not a lot of choice really.