RDC,s

Been doing abit of UK work this week, had a delivery to a well known retailer this week and was kept waiting in total 3hrs to tip 2 pallets. While i was sat there, in between trips to the booking in office, i had a thought. Why dont the RDC operators adopt the same principle as there supermarkets. Have a bay for 10 pallets or less. This would surely speed up the whole process and make space in an ,already crowded yard, with lorrys cruising the park for a place to park up. I await to be shot down :slight_smile: .

I’ll shoot you down because that makes sense, and we can’t have that can we :wink:

Midnight Rambler:
I’ll shoot you down because that makes sense, and we can’t have that can we :wink:

+1, next time bring 26 pallets instead of 2:lol:

Make him a manager, he used the power of thought…then again you would be over qualified then :unamused: :laughing:

Some do I go to one and if you have a pump truck and only 2 to 4 pallets they will take them of with forklift to save waiting for bay.

Why not do away with booking times and simply say “first come first served”?

Pimpdaddy:

Midnight Rambler:

+1, next time bring 26 pallets instead of 2:lol:

My ex manager used to work at UK Pallets, and they used to get a lot of odd one and two pallet deliveries in for Morrison’s at Tamworth, all with different booking times. Obviously, it made more sense to take them all in on one delivery, so he rang their booking office to arrange this. Nope … Morrison’s insisted on everything being delivered at different booking times, to the point where a truck would go in with two deliveries on, tip one, go round to the start and book in again. Truly, these places operate on a different definition of “sense” from the rest of us.

10 pallets or less bays.
What’s the odds that some driver with 10+ pallets will try to abuse this

Next we’ll see self tipping bays, where you can tip quickly once you’ve waited for ages behind someone with an inexplicable inability to follow instructions on a touch screen.

limeyphil:
Why not do away with booking times and simply say “first come first served”?

Morrisons Bellshill on a Sunday morning!! :smiley:

KCLeblanc:
Next we’ll see self tipping bays, where you can tip quickly once you’ve waited for ages behind someone with an inexplicable inability to follow instructions on a touch screen.

Like Lidl and Aldi self drive pallet trucks :slight_smile: . Maybe my original post was asking too much.

They tip you on priority of the goods they ordered

440Mopar:

KCLeblanc:

Like Lidl and Aldi self drive pallet trucks :slight_smile: . Maybe my original post was asking too much.

it is can be great.give for drivers pumptruck and job done.if drivers refused do ,he can wait for assistance.

I don’t know why some drivers moan about self tip, I mean yeah okay we didn’t get the licence to do a warehouse persons job but it’s not exactly hard with it being an electric pallet truck there is no extra effort you have to put in, and at least you know what’s going on , u like backing on a bay and waiting for hours with no keys to do anything listen to radio etc …