RDC not safe .

If you think sitting in a hot and stale aired waiting room , with seating arrangement’s being less than two meters apart and no air conditioning or no air conditioning without hospital grade air filters is safe , do not stand for it and report them to Health and Safety , if they fail to improve the working conditions for drivers delivering there , they have committed a criminal offence and will be prosecuted and closed down by law ?
If you refuse to deliver the load , you will not be sacked .

I agree.

If by now especially if there are still places that have not stepped up and put these things in place the driver should reject the load and drive off site no questions. They have had 8 weeks minimum.

Here’s the kicker though. With no vaccine and sign of real change any time soon how will these companies last in the future. It will be up to us drivers to call them out and report them. If they won’t put simple measures in place to help protect the guys that provide their business why should they expect us to risk our health in delivering it

thehighlandscot:
I agree.

If by now especially if there are still places that have not stepped up and put these things in place the driver should reject the load and drive off site no questions. They have had 8 weeks minimum.

Here’s the kicker though. With no vaccine and sign of real change any time soon how will these companies last in the future. It will be up to us drivers to call them out and report them. If they won’t put simple measures in place to help protect the guys that provide their business why should they expect us to risk our health in delivering it

Well every Rdc and business i have delivered to since this started have definately put measures into place. Sitting in your cab while getting tipped is what most are doing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah I’ve been off for four weeks now but even before that most RDCs that I went to had put something in place, mainly wait in the cab.

Now why don’t they just look at Costco at Crick and use that as the blueprint because that is by far the best place I’ve tipped at. Quick, efficient, good accessible facilities, not even required to hand keys in.

toonsy:
Yeah I’ve been off for four weeks now but even before that most RDCs that I went to had put something in place, mainly wait in the cab.

Now why don’t they just look at Costco at Crick and use that as the blueprint because that is by far the best place I’ve tipped at. Quick, efficient, good accessible facilities, not even required to hand keys in.

2nd that, only let down is the single toilet, for everyone. Unless your first in after the cleaner, by about 0700 it’s swimming in pish, and stinks…

One of the major benefits already in place from this lockdown - is that RDC Supplier visitor drivers - now have to sit in their cabs, taking the red airline off rather than the old system of “sitting in the cooler with 20+ other hairy-arsed drivers”.

I don’t imagine this “sit in your cab on the passenger side” system will be revoked - once the lockdown ends, imo.

Now step back and consider how much the supply driver job - has just improved there. :sunglasses: :grimacing:

Well I’m gonna come straight out and say it; from my POV Covid is the best thing that has happened to me work wise ever. There, I’ve unburdened myself!

Leaving aside the small fact that every single person over 21 has died and now anyone with a suntan will die too this disease has made great steps in RDC procedure, lying on your bed sleeping whilst being tipped is by far the most civilised outcome, no more 3 hours in a cell listening to the ■■■■■■■■ run through his ringtones for my pleasure or the guy who was selected for the SAS but didn’t join cos they weren’t hard enough for him.

As for traffic levels, sheer bliss. I don’t think I tutted once or shook my head through the whole of April.

Disclaimer; other people’s experiences may differ.

While waiting in the waiting room at all RDC’s , why do drivers tell other drivers a complete diary of their day , the conversation would always be a full summary of their working day , with how many pallets there , what times , what everyone said , and it goes on and on ?
They will be slagging off their motor , route , traffic , their boss and say who they are applying to work for .
If you have been awake at 3 am , nobody is interested in their day .Then every RDC has Billy big balls , he has done it all , drove to Baghdad in a Morrisons day cab with no sleeper cab , got shot at by Al Quaida , navigation by following empty oil barrels .
Or drove from Russia to America , when the sea was frozen .

the maoster:
Well I’m gonna come straight out and say it; from my POV Covid is the best thing that has happened to me work wise ever. There, I’ve unburdened myself!

Leaving aside the small fact that every single person over 21 has died and now anyone with a suntan will die too this disease has made great steps in RDC procedure, lying on your bed sleeping whilst being tipped is by far the most civilised outcome, no more 3 hours in a cell listening to the [zb] run through his ringtones for my pleasure or the guy who was selected for the SAS but didn’t join cos they weren’t hard enough for him.

As for traffic levels, sheer bliss. I don’t think I tutted once or shook my head through the whole of April.

Disclaimer; other people’s experiences may differ.

Here Here. Now take that job, make it with a direct employed permanent pt contract that cuts agency out of the loop, which will also make it “work-life balance friendly” - and Bob’s you uncle, unless he’s got no balls, in which case he’ll be your aunt… :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s an arbitrage channel, - here’s my ■■■ paper. :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses: :grimacing:

Now let’s all get out there, take the bull by the horns - and change our lot for the better!

Bananaman.jpg

toonsy:

Costco at Crick is the best RDC model in the country by a country mile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

do you mean the one on magna or is there a new one at crick…

m.a.n rules:
do you mean the one on magna or is there a new one at crick…

Think he means the one passed the weighbridge heading for Crick village and take the first exit at the roundabout great place to tip along with Asda Avonmouth, go to office drop of paperwork go to bay autolocking device on the bay wait for green light go back to office pick up any paperwork then leave no dealing with power crazy idiots just in and out job done

Haven’t been to the Magna Park one.

ahh, didn’t know there was one there,only been to magna and that is the same, cant fault them plus theres a decent café there as well…

There’s a cold store near Charing, Kent where you back on the bay, don’t bother to hand your keys in, but you get clamped into place by actual wheel immobilizers that squeeze around your back wheels/axles…

I never saw that system anywhere else though.

I was driving for Langdons at the time, where I’d be picking up some stuff from Peterborough or Luton, - or running into this cold store (from Dover), and taking it out TO those depots…

Sit in your lorry while unloading? Thing is it always used to be like that until health and safety went mad. There wasn’t mass deaths or people getting hurt. Really all that is needed is a Susie lock then the lorry couldn’t be moved anyway.

Luckily I don’t do many RDC deliveries, if I did I think it be time to call it a day. I’m first to say I’m little bit of a loner, I don’t want to have to listen to some stranger talking crap. So I am one of these people who hide behind my phone so hopefully I will be alone.

So I might seem a bit of a sado but if there is any good coming out of this is first we are treated like humans second, the health and safety people start looking at what is needed and not to just looking to change something to justify their job.

Also on a happier note, its nice to have people waving and clapping when you drive under a motorway bridge instead of throwing rocks. Don’t think it last long though :smiley:

“If it is a family on bikes, - blow your horn”.

"If its kids on an overbridge on the A12 at night - Change lanes to avoid the breezeblock!" :open_mouth:

Winseer:
“If it is a family on bikes, - blow your horn”.

"If its kids on an overbridge on the A12 at night - Change lanes to avoid the breezeblock!" :open_mouth:

:laughing: yeah the M62 like that as well! If you see a couple of hoodies standing on the bridge: PANIC cos a brick coming your way :open_mouth:

While on an loading/unloading bay and being Denver boot style wheel clamped used to be routine at a warehouse next to the ship canal at Moore,Warrington.Name eludes me but I believe it is now Dentressangle or Port of Warrington.

Winseer:
There’s a cold store near Charing, Kent where you back on the bay, don’t bother to hand your keys in, but you get clamped into place by actual wheel immobilizers that squeeze around your back wheels/axles…

I never saw that system anywhere else though.

I was driving for Langdons at the time, where I’d be picking up some stuff from Peterborough or Luton, - or running into this cold store (from Dover), and taking it out TO those depots…

Yeah them’s the yokes they have at Costco Crick

So basically, you drive up to the gatehouse, loads of room, 3 lanes in and no bloody barrier. Hand your notes over , they give you a bay number or a waiting bay and a pager.

Back on the bay, you get clamped, don’t have to hand your keys in. You can sit in the cab or go to the canteen. Smoking hut is close to goods in. Pager vibrates when you’re done.

Drive to gatehouse for notes then you’re Oscar Mike. Loads of room everywhere. Slight downer is you have to open your back doors before backing on a bay as there’s a rizla between them which slows things slightly if it’s busy.

Was in there for 20 mins total for a full shoot last time.

Loads of room.