Rawlings Transport Hook

Evening all,

Are there any drivers on here that are currently employed by rawlings transport at Hook!?

If not then does anybody know what kind of work they do, what they are like to work for, pay - good or bad, usual stuff really.

Only reason I ask on here is to see if I can get some information about them before I go down and see them in person, because if not good then not much point in wasting time going down there!!

Many thanks.

I know they have a few trailers parked in Miele’s site at Abingdon so can assume they pull some stuff about for them. Think most of their work is general but may be wrong and no idea about the money but don’t recall them advertising much for drivers…whether that’s because they pay well, there isn’t much driving work in the surrounding area or they base some units where the work is, so they get local drivers.

To add…quick look at their website doesn’t give much away!

Yeah I was looking at there website as well, it is definately purely aimed at the customer!! Think I am just going to have to go in and speak to them face to face!! Plenty of views on the post but not much response!!

People can’t respond if they don’t know anything, I understand what your saying about not going there, but why not just give them a ring.

The impression I got in the past is that places are generally too busy to care about what you have to say on the phone. So I am just going to go down there and speak to somebody and see if they have anything!! I only posted on here to see if anybody had any knowledge or previous dealings with them! :slight_smile:

They’ve got new lorrys

I phoned them myself a few weeks ago asking if they’re looking for drivers and they said no. I’ve done a day’s agency work for them in the past so they’re not bad people to work for, in my limited experience, but it was only 7.5T work in a Midlum. They seem to have moved from using Renaults to Mercs recently. They do the usual freight work, but they also have some oil trucks.

Yeah, I went down there today and they are not taking on unless you have VAT number and self employed they have nights vacancy!

The search continues for alternative employment!!