Rates

On a recent trip to Germany after I had loaded his vintage Rolls Royce I was having a cuppa and a chat with the boss of a medium sized chemical works. .
We were chatting about this and that and knowing what we were charging him to transport his Roller to Oxfordshire he said
"I recently had 33 euro pallets delivered to nr Koln from Cambridgeshire for €600…
€600 bloody euros…

truckertang:
On a recent trip to Germany after I had loaded his vintage Rolls Royce I was having a cuppa and a chat with the boss of a medium sized chemical works. .
We were chatting about this and that and knowing what we were charging him to transport his Roller to Oxfordshire he said
"I recently had 33 euro pallets delivered to nr Koln from Cambridgeshire for €600…
€600 bloody euros…

Maybe they were empty euro pallets loaded along side other cargo. :smiley:

22ton of emptiness. .

:slight_smile:

600 is better than nowt…

Silver_Surfer:
600 is better than nowt…

Not if it costs you 900 to make it it’s not

What I’m getting at is that euro firms probably cost the inbound leg to take in to account the fact that they may have to go out empty. We import vastly more from Europe than we export, a large portion of those trucks have to leave empty.

Silver_Surfer:
What I’m getting at is that euro firms probably cost the inbound leg to take in to account the fact that they may have to go out empty. We import vastly more from Europe than we export, a large portion of those trucks have to leave empty.

I’m with you now and I agree. J thought you were on that taking 600 quid was better even if you ultimately lose money, which struck me as odd because I didn’t have you down as an idiot, clearly it’s me that’s the idiot in this case :slight_smile:

Im sure the man said the truck had RO plates…we charged more for 1 car as a return load :slight_smile: I stopped in all 4 trucks on the way home and there must’ve been at least 50 waberer trucks, all waiting for a €600 job■■?

I spent quite some time doing recovery. We were paid for the return trip, which is why you see recovery trucks from out of your area empty, so if you managed to get a return load, then that was a bonus.