Rates

We are currently in the fortunate position of having work coming out of our ears for our walking floor trailers (it’s not always in the right place at the right time however). And one of our customers recently commented that it is cheaper and easier to employ us than to do it himself, which got me thinking are our rates too low??
We see a good return on our small fleet and don’t want to be greedy.
With this in mind I was wandering what others charge on walking floor work and how does it compare to the likes of grain work or traction only work

share you good rates then those of us who have walking trailers might help you out! pm if needed

No problems, you have a PM

MysonVinnie:
We are currently in the fortunate position of having work coming out of our ears for our walking floor trailers (it’s not always in the right place at the right time however). And one of our customers recently commented that it is cheaper and easier to employ us than to do it himself, which got me thinking are our rates too low??
We see a good return on our small fleet and don’t want to be greedy.
With this in mind I was wandering what others charge on walking floor work and how does it compare to the likes of grain work or traction only work

You always have to be careful as you know, there is a fine line between being cheaper than a customer doing it himself and pricing yourself out of the job, I know from experience :blush:

It wouldn’t take too much for a customer with a pen and pencil to work the figures out, my advice is take the work if it’s profitable and if you want more money then talk to the customer about it and don’t just slap on an increase.

I agree, with the work and contracts we currently have I wouldn’t touch the rates, however with a few quotes set to go out I don’t want to shoot myself in the foot! I know its not rocket science to work out rates, but equally I need to ensure that we are not undercutting the Market, this bringing down prices

MysonVinnie:
I agree, with the work and contracts we currently have I wouldn’t touch the rates, however with a few quotes set to go out I don’t want to shoot myself in the foot! I know its not rocket science to work out rates, but equally I need to ensure that we are not undercutting the Market, this bringing down prices

Good to hear one haulier being sensible, good luck with it. :slight_smile: