rates of pay?

just wondering, the company I work for (redundant soon!) is recruiting around the Nuneaton area. I have been told that they are offering £9 per hour days and £10 for nights.
How does that compare, are they likely to get the 65 drivers min, 100 + drivers max that they want?
all thes jobs are agency based.

Am I right in reading that?

Your employer is making people redundant so they can replace drivers with agency staff?

If I’m right, that stinks worse than my house the day after a madras!!!

Well I live in Nuneaton and generally there is a dearth of work so I would say they would get their drivers. I’m travelling to Daventry for just under £12 an hour at the minute. Is that class one or two work? And which company is it? PM me if you don’t want to name names on here.

Darby Flyer, they are reducing the Bradford operation and transferring most of the work to Nuneaton.

Tofer, class one work, mainly trunking, company is Parcelnet (now called Hermes) recruiting through IGLOO agency.
(guessing thats the way it is spelt)

good tackle(Daf CF’s mainly) and work but no idea what the conditions will be, certainly different to the terms I have been working for.

The reason I asked originally is that several of the drivers made redundant have been comvinced that they will struggle to find the number of drivers they need at the rates they are offering, i had my doubts!

del949:
Darby Flyer, they are reducing the Bradford operation and transferring most of the work to Nuneaton.

Tofer, class one work, mainly trunking, company is Parcelnet (now called Hermes) recruiting through IGLOO agency.
(guessing thats the way it is spelt)

good tackle(Daf CF’s mainly) and work but no idea what the conditions will be, certainly different to the terms I have been working for.

The reason I asked originally is that several of the drivers made redundant have been comvinced that they will struggle to find the number of drivers they need at the rates they are offering, i had my doubts!

Apologies, to me it read that your company and the one recruiting were one and the same.

I didn’t know they had a depot here, or if it’s a new one it’s probably up Bermuda park, maybe that is what they are building on the old Lynx site :blush:

Igloo had 560 applicants within a week of advertising.

What happened to the old Lynx site? Did UPS take it over?

UPS took over Lynx
joint operation was moved to Birch Coppice
Lynx depot that was Wilkonson Fed Ex has been demolished
Hermes are going into Lynx depot next to the new Lynx office
which is near McDs

bloody good job parcelnet in bradford. i bet quinny has done it a good few times as well. the drivers are well looked after and get a card telling them what runs they are doing something like 12 weeks in advanced and on a good salary… sounds like its all coming to an end. :frowning:

jessicas dad, we actually get 18 weeks rostered duty and then it repeats, so we always know what we are doing (barring exceptions)