rates of pay

With trucking I just couldn’t see me doing anything else :unamused: I couldn’t stomach having to be stuck in one place all day such as a factory. At least with this job you see quite a bit of the countryside UK and continent (at least I do) and can you think of anywhere you’d rather be working especially in summer than cruising down the road, window down, cd on taking in the view. Well I can’t :slight_smile:

bossjock:

dennisw1:
it’s just supply and demand, i wouldnt want to be a forkie, i couldnt put up with being stuck in a warehouse all day driving back and forth doing the same thing all day.
same as no one, really ‘wants’ to go cleaning people toilets for a living, so they have to pay them lots of money to make them do it.

No they don’t, they get the Eastern European ‘Asylum Seekers’ in and pay them the national minimum wage (or less if they’re not registered and on the skite). I’ve got a mate who worked in a whisky bottling plant in Renfrew and he was shuffled out the door and replaced by a Polish lad who’s ‘contract’ gave him a hell of lot less. Mate took a cleaning job in the local Slaughterhouse to make end meet and soon the same thing happened. The AA (Automobile Association) ‘culled’ off 430 of it’s most experienced Patrols last year whilst at the same time advertised for patrols in the Polish Press, allegedly because they couldn’t recruit or keep Patrols particularly for the South East and London , but still seen it in order to get rid of many from that region. Nothing to do with the benefits of the contracts they had, just that they weren’t achieving the new higher targets and changed criteria for working which would obviously be written into any new starts contract.

Since when have Poles been Eastern Eurpoean “Asylum Seekers”? You may need to check your sources of information before disemminating anymore facts to us!!

penfold:
With trucking I just couldn’t see me doing anything else :unamused: I couldn’t stomach having to be stuck in one place all day such as a factory.

Me too, I like it when the view out of the office window is constantly changing. :smiley:

fred Kanka:
Many Driver can drive forklift,but earn less then they in a Lorry
Many Forkliftdriver cant drive a Forklift,but earn more then Lorrydriver

Which one is the right sentence?

Both of the above :laughing: .