Rates from scotland

Does anyone know who is paying good rates from Scotland for UK and Export.
looking for reefer or curtainside work.

Rates out of Scotland have always been dire, most firms I know of will run a truck back empty to Carlisle and load from there rather than take the rates on offer.

Harry Monk:
Rates out of Scotland have always been dire, most firms I know of will run a truck back empty to Carlisle and load from there rather than take the rates on offer.

Is there know one offering anything reasonable?

try xpo at mossend in the eurocentral they have loads going south everyday.

We run up to Glasgow, 3 or 4 times a week & very rarely get a back load, the one’s we do get seem to be a PITA, with waiting around to get loaded & unrealistic delivery times.
Mostly run all the way back to the M62 corridor or all the way back to MK with Fresh Scottish Air [emoji57]

You could give Barron ‘Hood’ a call, but the rates will probably just about cover your phone bill [emoji57]

(Note-Hood should be Wood [emoji12])

try DFDS at Larkhall who do both uk & export, that’s as long as you don’t mind doing fish loads

Colin_scottish:

I work for XPO Colin and even we run back empty from Scotland rather than take on the crap that they offer us!

Agreed. For me to take a load up to Scotland it has to pay both ways. I can get more money going from Manchester to Liverpool than Glasgow to Manchester.

weewulliewinkie:
try DFDS at Larkhall who do both uk & export, that’s as long as you don’t mind doing fish loads

did he not say “good rates”?

larkhall to bolougne,wash out,reload in bolougne or Antwerp for a uk fruitmarket,then load for sconnie botland tip, and back to larkhall in 1 hit with no kip apart from the 2 ferrys and an hour or so loading/tipping on trip dosh…no sleep,for pish money…or were you meaning a different dfds?, :open_mouth:

Try JHP Transport Lanark (they have FB page).
Not sure of rates though but heard possible £1.40mile for fridge work back South??

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

the maoster:

Colin_scottish:

I work for XPO Colin and even we run back empty from Scotland rather than take on the crap that they offer us!

I know there not the best my gaffer use them just to pay for the truck goin down to near were we load from.The rates are poor but there is some good jobs if you get a load of booze goin south.

what about Kuehne & Nagel at Bathgate, what are their rates like?

dave.chevy17:

Harry Monk:

Is there know one offering anything reasonable?

Well, put it this way. Have you ever heard a pub joke based on the generosity of Scotsmen? :stuck_out_tongue:

You could get a load out of Highland Spring maybe but you’d be lucky if it paid much more than £1 a mile.

Does anyone know what rate dfds are paying for the bolougne work out of larkhll?

Curries of Dumfries do U.K./Continental .
Hayton Coultard part of the Gregory group which do the Highland Spring to Lidl or Aldi .

PC Hamilton European.
Dyce Ltd Aberdeen European .

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: your having a :laughing:

dieseldog999:

weewulliewinkie:

did he not say “good rates”?

larkhall to bolougne,wash out,reload in bolougne or Antwerp for a uk fruitmarket,then load for sconnie botland tip, and back to larkhall in 1 hit with no kip apart from the 2 ferrys and an hour or so loading/tipping on trip dosh…no sleep,for pish money…or were you meaning a different dfds?, :open_mouth:

Them days seem to be over, just back from bologne as it happens, dfds subbies arrive at the market in the port back on bay pull curtains time off, end off. At least that’s what I witnessed while parked up from Thursday night to sat morn.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :confused:
good enough if that’s the case,though its not exactly the most picturesque location for a kip,never mind the multiple drops,then the queue for the wash out and smelly stuff …then bite your thumbs wondering where your backloading from…i did it for andersons and dfds though it was a bit more hectic than that.at least the illegals arnt so keen on minus 25 as a hiding place, :slight_smile: