Ratchet straps

Anyone know of any ratchet straps that don’t slip while in transit. Ive tried different brands and find they all slip while on the move.

Are you locking them back correctly? I cant say I have had this issue whilst lashing down various FLT’s onto my Wagon.

definitely locked back drift into safety catch mode. Its a recurring problem and spoke to a old driver today who only uses ropes because of the slip on straps.

Also make sure there are two turns of strap around the spindle or the capstan effect doesn’t work as well.

what are you securing ■■

nick2008:
what are you securing ■■

Sometimes scaffolding planks nick but various loads although mostly animal feeds in tubs and bags.

Are the loads shifting or settling in transit?

Drift:
Are the loads shifting or settling in transit?

Not shifting but would settle in transit, I stop about 4 times in a 35 mile journey to tighten straps.

ytre:

nick2008:
what are you securing ■■

Sometimes scaffolding planks nick but various loads although mostly animal feeds in tubs and bags.

feeds etc in bags are a pain because as your driving the feed settle’s and moves in the bags to which your straps will need re doing all the time the boards if not packed right can slip and cause movement too . are you feeding the webbing through the strap the right way ■■ youtube.com/watch?v=JelE4XIhGtk

feeds etc in bags are a pain because as your driving the feed settle’s and moves in the bags to which your straps will need re doing all the time the boards if not packed right can slip and cause movement too . are you feeding the webbing through the strap the right way ■■ youtube.com/watch?v=JelE4XIhGtk
[/quote]
That’s the way I use the straps nick, its obviously the settlement that causes the trouble.
Thanks for all the input

No probs fella . there’s not much you can do about the bags to be honest