ratchet straps

as a lot of our back doors wont shut [ cant get the locking handle fully home] and the office dont seem intrested can you use a ratchet strap to hold them closed , how would vosa view it[ i dont like it but ive admited defeat and given up reporting them], i just want a idea or way off holding them shut thats not going to get my zb kicked if i get pulled.
the twin pronged hooks at the bottom and top engage but when yo try to push the locking handle/handles back they wont go far enough back to lock in place[doors must be bent ].any ideas. ta

try a very big hammer to close the catches, or defect the trailer

If you were out and about, developed a problem, then used one to get home with, you’d probably get away with it if VOSA pulled you.

Wouldn’t recommend it as a long term fix. I agree with peirre, a big hammer, and if that doesn’t work, a VOR pad!

If you are trying to close your doors on a twisted trailer or an uneven surface,

just try pulling forward a bit or at least pull forward off the bay in a straight line.

You may find the doors close easier without force

all our trucks come equip with a big hammer for closing / opening the door handles on the trailers. also helps to get the posts out on the centre of trailer as they have been abused as well

jon

Wheel Nut:
If you are trying to close your doors on a twisted trailer or an uneven surface,

just try pulling forward a bit or at least pull forward off the bay in a straight line.

You may find the doors close easier without force

Tell me about it :blush: , I once ran home loaded all the way from Paris with the doors held closed like that. A proper hero, I phoned the boss and told him I could make it but it would need fixing on return.
Got back, released the strap, then demonstrated just how the doors - would - close. :open_mouth: :confused: :blush:

But failing that a tube such as all of us used to carry to help the Sylvesters on chain jobs (yes, I know we weren’t supposed to :unamused: ) works wonders in conjunction with the hammer mentioned above. :wink: