Ratchet straps it or internal straps

Silver_Surfer:
Ropes would be ok, vosa don’t like them, you can buy load rated rope now they can’t moan about.

as long as the hooks are rated your ok then

Department for Transport.**
Code of Practise.
Safety of Loads on Vehicles.
Third Edition.
**123 Pages.[/b]

Enjoy.

nick2008:

Silver_Surfer:
Ropes would be ok, vosa don’t like them, you can buy load rated rope now they can’t moan about.

Wot 'ooks?

Internal straps are about as useful as a braille speedometer.

Silver_Surfer:
snip
I’d ratchet timber every time, wouldn’t take long & I’m the guy that usually doesn’t bother to strap stuff & hates unnecessary strapping.

Aggree:

: 1st rule with timber is :

You can NEVER use an excesive emount of STRAP’s ( there just anit enought fixing places )

The plastic ( Weather Protection Rap ) on timber-packs is as slippery as hell

Even a neat load of timber packs, realy requires strap’ing on each layer…

Lucky escape ( this time )…

As for “Rope”, with a few exception’s
its just useful as a means for preventing your Sheet from blowing away :unamused:

DoubleQ:

Silver_Surfer:
snip
I’d ratchet timber every time, wouldn’t take long & I’m the guy that usually doesn’t bother to strap stuff & hates unnecessary strapping.

Aggree:

: 1st rule with timber is :

You can NEVER use an excesive emount of STRAP’s ( there just anit enought fixing places )

As for “Rope”, its just useful for preventing your Sheet from blowing away :blush:

Yes but the sheet holds the load on much like brown kraft paper or Christmas wrapping paper, the rope is the Sellotape, the packaging protects the gift and prevents it falling out or coming to pieces

nick2008:

Silver_Surfer:

You sure about that? I’m pretty sure the hooks & the rope need to be load rated or they ain’t happy. Makes sense really, ratchet straps are rated, you could just use a mangy piece of string from Woolworths to tie it down then?

I do a lot of loads like this out of Kronospan and I’d never use internals, ratchets to the chassis everytime not worth the risk loads like that once they slide your in the ■■■■!

Taken this from the the latest missive of Moving On…

Internal cargo straps on curtain-sided trailers

You can use internally fitted straps hanging from the rails of a curtain-sided vehicle to secure a combined load and pallet of no more than 400kg in weight. The ideal solution is one strap across two pallets from rave to rave of the bed of the vehicle. You may need more straps if there are not enough fitted to the vehicle or trailer.

Kevwall:
I do a lot of loads like this out of Kronospan and I’d never use internals, ratchets to the chassis everytime not worth the risk loads like that once they slide your in the [zb]!

Totally agree kev the loads out of kronospan are mega slippy.I used to load the same out of Germany and if you didn’t have enough straps/no load.I don’t know how long you have been driving but in the 70s/80s period a firm called grocontinental[still going I think]used to be contracted to kronospan and it was mostly f/bed work then,they had chains welded to trl chassis and hung on hooks.
regards dave.

dafdave:

Kevwall:
I do a lot of loads like this out of Kronospan and I’d never use internals, ratchets to the chassis everytime not worth the risk loads like that once they slide your in the [zb]!

Totally agree kev the loads out of kronospan are mega slippy.I used to load the same out of Germany and if you didn’t have enough straps/no load.I don’t know how long you have been driving but in the 70s/80s period a firm called grocontinental[still going I think]used to be contracted to kronospan and it was mostly f/bed work then,they had chains welded to trl chassis and hung on hooks.
regards dave.

Ello mate I’m fairly new to be honest haha I’m 25 and only had my licence over a year but the company I do work for the loads vary from one extreme to the other so I’ve been learning quite a bit, ill do a kronospan load at least once a week and always spend a good while in there making sure its safe :slight_smile: