Ratchet strap abuse...?

I pulled an organised sicky this Mon/Tues gone just to prove a point to the company as advised by my union rep…all that aside this morning I arrive at the yard to learn they had two agency drivers. One destroyed a hiab that may be fixed tomorrow and look at what the other one left me! Have a good close look…

Driver with 2 much time....jpg
This guy must have far too much time on his hands…or something is seriously wrong?
Please let me know your takes…

I’m thinking he thought lets show this stuck up full timer how much we agency drivers DO NOT appreciate having no biscuits left for us in the cab. :slight_smile: you’ve been tucked up another reason why I take my keys home lol.

So that’s why he missed the time book in :smiling_imp:

FLUNKEY:
I pulled an organised sicky this Mon/Tues gone just to prove a point to the company as advised by my union rep…all that aside this morning I arrive at the yard to learn they had two agency drivers. One destroyed a hiab that may be fixed tomorrow and look at what the other one left me! Have a good close look…
This guy must have far too much time on his hands…or something is seriously wrong?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’ve just given me some ideas! :smiling_imp:

karl86:
I’m thinking he thought lets show this stuck up full timer how much we agency drivers DO NOT appreciate having no biscuits left for us in the cab.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Took the words right out of my mouth. :laughing:

Tomorrow I am on the truck that the other guy ■■■■■■ up so until the repair guy has arrived and finally fixed it I am on hurry up/watch and wait. I am going to try and do this same thing and time myself…and post my time! Game on any one else wanna play?

FLUNKEY:

This is wrong in so many ways:
First the ratchet is rolled up with the strap which means you have to unroll it and seperate it all to throw the strap (not the chuffing ratchet) over your load.

Also the metal end is coiled which is a big no no, I always rolled mine up so when i chucked it over the metal end was in my hand incase some poor bugger was walking past and then I could just pull the metal end down onto the body and walk round the other side to put the ratchet on, giving it a little flick to keep it straight and apply any packers if needed to protect the strap.

Also I liked to give my ratchets a little blast of WD40 but then I am a bit ■■■■.

Bet the driver has also driven round with the PTO engaged and theres boot marks all over the cab.

That’s how I found mine after 2 weeks off, but not wound through the handle !!!

I always stow my straps in the 2 lockers on each side of the cab-
straps (rolled up neatly) in the near side & ratchets in the off side,

I cant understand why ‘Numptys’ roll them up like that, they might as well just use them on a Bar B Q as fuel to cook their ‘Numpty’ Food. :imp: or just roll 'em up then chuck them in a skip-for all the use they are in that state !

I’ve acquired some spare straps (found them in the lorry when I got back off holiday) so they’re in a bag now & they will be left for the next time I’m on holiday & I will remove my/the companies ‘Looked After’ Straps. :wink:

Lol, I just noticed (thanks to the poster above) that the strap was wound through the handle, thats just weird :blush:

Dipper_Dave:
Lol, I just noticed (thanks to the poster above) that the strap was wound through the handle, thats just weird :blush:

THAT IS MY POINT-HOW LONG WOULD THIS TAKE TO DO?!? :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Had a wagon with an Atlas Hiab once (the ones you had to lift up before slewing round as they would hit the cab otherwise) and every time I had a holiday there was a new dent in the back of the cab.

Next wagon had a Pesci Hiab with the manual extension that had to be pulled out, great for keeping fit though, unfortunately the legs had a small circular base and some bugger almost managed to roll the thing because they didn’t use the steel plate I had specially made.

FLUNKEY:
THAT IS MY POINT-HOW LONG WOULD THIS TAKE TO DO?!? :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Ages and by the third wind you would have to think ‘hang on I’m doing this wrong’ or just maybe trying to pee off the regular driver.

Dipper_Dave:

FLUNKEY:

Ages and by the third wind you would have to think ‘hang on I’m doing this wrong’ or just maybe trying to pee off the regular driver.

You are sooo right-There will be some agency in tomorrow…I have a feeling that I might catch the Imbie who did this-possible video explanation by an agency driver as to how this is done!?1 :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

That is bizarre. I dont see how it is teaching a full timer a lesson though because the time it takes to do that will be the same amount of time to unravel it. Maybe just boredom, very strange though or maybe this is his way of doing things.

merc0447:
That is bizarre. I dont see how it is teaching a full timer a lesson though because the time it takes to do that will be the same amount of time to unravel it. Maybe just boredom, very strange though or maybe this is his way of doing things.

Will post an update tomorrow- hopefully a video of the explanation; the more I think about it the possible candidate for this sort of “Bizarre” OCD/wot (Waste Of Time) Is the same Imbie who whips out his mobile to record the Yard Bosses load instructions in the Office!!!-May well be a viral You Tube moment!?! He also just passed his Rigid and Allmi tickets and may be looking too impress :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Probably just a schoolboy error, he has seen straps rolled up with ratchets and thats his enterpretation. Be gentle and show him the correct way is ratchet and strap seperate, and start rolling from the floppy end not the metal end so when its chucked over a load the metal end is in your hand and not potentially hitting some poor bugger on the head.

Also the one strap to two ratchet technique of securing loads is very bad.

FLUNKEY:

Dipper_Dave:

The point is he’s paid hourly so doesn’t care how long it takes him to do.

My guess is he doesn’t know how to open the ratchet out and remove the strap from it.

I need a pound for every trailer I have picked up with the straps like that or just thrown in the back of the trailer, the same goes for tilt boards in a Euroliner, we had boxes to store them in under the chassis, but generally they were just left in the trailer bouncing around, rarely in the slots.

I wont blame agency drivers though, these were all employed drivers.

FLUNKEY:
Will post an update tomorrow- hopefully a video of the explanation; the more I think about it the possible candidate for this sort of “Bizarre” OCD/wot (Waste Of Time) Is the same Imbie who whips out his mobile to record the Yard Bosses load instructions in the Office!!!-May well be a viral You Tube moment!?! He also just passed his Rigid and Allmi tickets and may be looking too impress :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I agree it’s a daft way to roll straps, but I would have thought that teaching him the right way would be more productive than trying to humiliate him on Youtube.

Still I guess it’s more fun to take the ■■■■ than to help someone who may never have used straps before to learn how to roll them up properly :unamused:

Looks very respectable… When I moan about straps not being this or that … ?
f…K me get a life…