Rant time - tractor

i got stuck behind one for ten minutes on the A1 today. while this in itself is annoying, i had to get a special trailer to follow. a muck chucker and i dont mean soil. the smelly kind which took a further ten minutes to remove the stink from my cab

you can just imagine the people going the other way looking at the red and white truck with the purple headed driver :laughing:

scanny77:
you can just imagine the people going the other way looking at the red and white truck with the purple headed driver :laughing:

Come on scanny :laughing:

your making it too easy for rib taking with a comment like that :laughing:

I will let it go this time :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tractors are a pain in the backside. most of them run illegal trailers with no lights or indicators. Dont get me wrong, farmers do a great job, but tractors should not be on our roads during the busiest periods.

You will probably be the first to complain when your cornflakes aren’t in store , no juicy steak for the weekend …
They have a job to do just like everyone else , work round them .
Just like the cars have to work round us annoying trucks .
:wink:

so was there any blue on the unit…

wasnt you on for pollocks then :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

no blue on the unit although the air inside was. and green :laughing:

i have only worked for iceland for the last 11 weeks or so (lost track now) with the exception of one day and we all know about that

scanny77:
no blue on the unit although the air inside was. and green :laughing:

i have only worked for iceland for the last 11 weeks or so (lost track now) with the exception of one day and we all know about that

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

no bite there.

Isnt the A1 suppose to be two lanes scanny?

If so how was you caught behind mr giles for 10 mins? Im sure you could of whizzed round him, if it was two lanes, or maybe you was in road works then had no choice but to sit behind him.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :slight_smile:

no chance mate. the letter i got yesterday put that whole thing to bed for me. the NIP isnt my problem now and i wont be working for pollocks again. in both cases, i have nothing further to say and i wont bite to anything regarding them either :wink:

Aaaaaaagghhh…must resist…gnrrrrrahhhhh…no, no …

CAN’T DO IT :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Stop painting bulls eyes on your back Ritchie :laughing:

killer100:
Isnt the A1 suppose to be two lanes scanny?

If so how was you caught behind mr giles for 10 mins? Im sure you could of whizzed round him, if it was two lanes, or maybe you was in road works then had no choice but to sit behind him.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :slight_smile:

it was northbound beyond morpeth. it was somewhere near alnwick towards berwick. there are a few straights but there was also traffic coming the other way. i got past eventually on a straight bit. what a stink. it was almost as bad as last week when i let one go and had to open the window :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Move to Norfolk, I very rarely see a tractor round here. :stuck_out_tongue:

most of us are only driving ‘tractors’ :laughing: they just go a bit faster :wink:

thats really unlucky, the one day in the last 11 weeks you did not drive for iceland you got fingered for driving one of their trucks which was snapped breaking the speed limit! someone must really have it in for you…

Not all tractors are slow!
This is my new toy…

It has a Rolls Royce 27 litre V12 being fitted at present, giving us around 1000bhp.

It used to look like this…

When it had 3 Rolls Royce Gnome turbines fitted, producing around 4500bhp

wow what an engine :open_mouth: :smiley: do you use it for tractor pulling or drag racing ?

Tractor pulling, 2.5 & 3.5 ton class.

I was watching the tractor pulling at this years dorset steam fair, i never new a diesel engine could rev so much as some of them do :open_mouth:

The GDSF tractor pullers are whats known as Independent pullers, no rules no competition, really un-impressive, we pull with the BTPA (British Tractor Pulling Assoscation) much more like it…watch this!
youtube.com/watch?v=ohEXmsmqMhw

Andyroo:
Move to Norfolk, I very rarely see a tractor round here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thats because they’re all pulling curtainsided trailers around Odiham, Hampshire… :unamused: