Rant thread against some (not all) car drivers!

I’ll try my best sir, (don’t worry)

cars, vans (and maybe the odd truck for that matter) parking in front of another vehicle and then switching hazards on, so all passing traffic can only see right indicator and think they are indicating right and about to pull out…
If there is a vehicle behind you you are not a hazard!

th2013:
cars, vans (and maybe the odd truck for that matter) parking in front of another vehicle and then switching hazards on, so all passing traffic can only see right indicator and think they are indicating right and about to pull out…
If there is a vehicle behind you you are not a hazard!

They’re not hazard lights. They are there to let traffic wardens know you are allowed to park on double yellows, bus stops, box junctions, zebra crossings etc because you are doing a delivery.

Karl86:
Secondly people approaching a roundabout in there left lane to go straight on

Er… That’s what you’re supposed to do unless otherwise marked 12 o’clock or less is the left lane more than 12 o’clock is the right. But I know what you mean because if I see a car coming from 12 and it’s not indicating then I assume he’s going ahead and usually cut him up but if I didn’t by the time I’d waited to see where he was going I would never get out because of the lag on the gear box is so bad. :frowning:

I think it’s about time that Beemers had indicators fitted as standard,not an optional extra that most drivers feel they can do without!

Re: Roundabouts.
My philosophy is, if people can’t be arsed to signal, I can’t be arsed to give way to them, they can stop on the roundabout and hoot all they like!

Retro rob:
I’m going to start by asking if indicators are now optional on roundabouts?

How does it make you feel when they signal right but go straight on?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

10-08:

Karl86:

Er… That’s what you’re supposed to do unless otherwise marked 12 o’clock or less is the left lane more than 12 o’clock is the right. But I know what you mean because if I see a car coming from 12 and it’s not indicating then I assume he’s going ahead and usually cut him up but if I didn’t by the time I’d waited to see where he was going I would never get out because of the lag on the gear box is so bad. :frowning:

And heres a thread moaning about car drivers getting it wrong lol…

My point being even lorry drivers make mistakes believe it or not.

They’re not hazard lights. They are there to let traffic wardens know you are allowed to park on double yellows, bus stops, box junctions, zebra crossings etc because you are doing a delivery.

Im stopped in a bus stop with my hazzards on, but then it says “bus” on the tax disk :wink:
Anyway…
Id like to thank the ■■■■ in the Astra at the Black Dam roundabout in Basingstoke who used the A30 only lane to cut me up in the correct lane and indicating to go right…
Needless to say he got a long dose of airhorn…:imp:

Matty72:
Rear bumper huggers, they must think it is good fuel economy to sit 1’ from the back of the trailer and sit their for miles on end on an empty motorway at night, makes me too twitchy, 3 times last week!

there was a geezer on the toyota iq owners clubsite , reckoned that was a cracking idea to get better mpg , called it hypermiling ,
complete ■■■■■■ in my opinion,

Saaamon:

10-08:

Karl86:

So what lane do you get in? I actually just checked the highway code and the little blue car going straight ahead is in the left lane.

tonyj105:

Matty72:
Rear bumper huggers, they must think it is good fuel economy to sit 1’ from the back of the trailer and sit their for miles on end on an empty motorway at night, makes me too twitchy, 3 times last week!

there was a geezer on the toyota iq owners clubsite , reckoned that was a cracking idea to get better mpg , called it hypermiling ,
complete ■■■■■■ in my opinion,

Must go and have a look, someone needs to explain that if I do have to do an emergency stop, they will be dead. I really don’t want it on my conscience just because they wanted to save a £1

10-08:

Saaamon:

10-08:

Karl86:

So what lane do you get in? I actually just checked the highway code and the little blue car going straight ahead is in the left lane.

I’m saying your correct and that karl wasn’t right on this one. I do exactly the same as the way you explained but if straight on is say at 1 o’clock and its the 3rd exit but the signs say the main road continues straight on with a large arrow ie continue from a45 to a45 I will use the left lane, this is what I was taught to be the correct way and also the safest.

My point was that lorry driver moan about car drivers doing silly things or getting it wrong but we also make mistakes, although generally speaking there’s more cars getting it wrong in my opinion mainly because their not fully focused at the right times.

Retro rob:
‘… car driving trolls … not all are thoughtless … Feel free to post your own personal gripes…’

A lot of rants can be answered by the way post-modern, ultra-liberal UK society encourages antisocial road behaviour to flourish unchecked within a confused, disenfranchised, sold-out, alien & angry ‘race-to-the-bottom’ culture :neutral_face:

The Government are pleased for such rants to continue :frowning: because it keeps the majority of society at each others throats rather than the likes of us asking ‘why aren’t our roads, etc properly governed any more?’ which would otherwise pose a unified & focussed challenge to the mainstream, federalised aspirations of their lying deviousness

I’d be happy to be proved wrong - not ranted against, please :exclamation:

lightning:
Late lane changers really get my goat. As a truck driver, I like to leave a gap, only for some ■■■ usually in a repmobile to take up my braking zone, why■■?

If I came to power, I would allow all drivers of large vehicles one free shunt a week. Yes I know what you ll all say, but if I figure rightly it would illiminate bad car drivers in quite a short space of time. They wouldnt know if you (the driver of the large vehicle) if you had used your free ram in your driving week…

Lightning for Prime Minister I want a free shunt

Saaamon:

10-08:

Saaamon:

10-08:

Karl86:

I’m saying your correct and that karl wasn’t right on this one. I do exactly the same as the way you explained but if straight on is say at 1 o’clock and its the 3rd exit but the signs say the main road continues straight on with a large arrow ie continue from a45 to a45 I will use the left lane, this is what I was taught to be the correct way and also the safest.

My point was that lorry driver moan about car drivers doing silly things or getting it wrong but we also make mistakes, although generally speaking there’s more cars getting it wrong in my opinion mainly because their not fully focused at the right times.

Ah ok, sorry :blush:
Yeah I make mistakes all the time but as long as you only do it once I call it learning :smiley:

wavyok:

lightning:
Late lane changers really get my goat. As a truck driver, I like to leave a gap, only for some ■■■ usually in a repmobile to take up my braking zone, why■■?

If I came to power, I would allow all drivers of large vehicles one free shunt a week. Yes I know what you ll all say, but if I figure rightly it would illiminate bad car drivers in quite a short space of time. They wouldnt know if you (the driver of the large vehicle) if you had used your free ram in your driving week…

Would there be a way of winning/buying extra shunts, and would any unused ones be carried over?

gardun:

wavyok:

lightning:

Would there be a way of winning/buying extra shunts, and would any unused ones be carried over?

For every 6th shunt you get a free one, just like McDonalds coffee, or u could buy extras from the App Store!

steveo999:
Re: Roundabouts.
My philosophy is, if people can’t be arsed to signal, I can’t be arsed to give way to them, they can stop on the roundabout and hoot all they like!

This ^^ had three today :laughing:

Truck drivers faults:
1 Wandering in motorway lanes
2Drifting on roundabouts.
3Thinking that they own their own side of the road and three quarters of the other
side because they cant “quite” drive
4 Driving like a stiff when they cant find where they are looking for instead of stopping and reading a map or god forbid asking some body.
5Parking in the most stupid [zb] places and thinking “Im alright jack bugger you”
And finally telling every bugger(not all) that they are gods gift to the bloody highway code when we all know that at times we are as bad if not worse than every bugger else on the road.

I drive both car and truck.Do you ever drive a car? Ah but your perfect cos you got a bloody HGV whoopee bloody dooo.