Random question guys

hi there guys to cut a long story short im divorced and have a boy with my ex , has anyone got any advice on child maintenance , and how much you get taxed on your wages n stuff dunno if theres any guys out there in the same boat any advice would be great :stuck_out_tongue:

bigbravo:
hi there guys to cut a long story short im divorced and have a boy with my ex , has anyone got any advice on child maintenance , and how much you get taxed on your wages n stuff dunno if theres any guys out there in the same boat any advice would be great :stuck_out_tongue:

Your taxation on your wage will be as a single man now you’re divorced,although married mans allowance was scrapped ages ago anyway. As for child maintenance,that’s decided on your income before any tax is taken out,grossly unfair IMO as this doesn’t represent what you actually get in your wage packet. :angry:

Think it was about 15 percent for 1 child.

cheers guys i think theres a bit of a problem too with all of these rules if it was up to me i would spend the money on the boy rather than the mother using it for the bingo if yous get me :neutral_face:

bigbravo:
cheers guys i think theres a bit of a problem too with all of these rules if it was up to me i would spend the money on the boy rather than the mother using it for the bingo if yous get me :neutral_face:

I don’t know you’re personal circumstances surrounding this,but as long as you’re paying what the CSA or the divorce courts have told you to,then you’re keeping to your end of the agreement. Although knowing it’s been spent on your boy in full would offer more reassurance i’m sure.

your correct m8 cheers for the advice

The CSA have a calculator on the website. Do not include any nights out/allowances etc, all they are interested in is what will be on your P60 at the end of year. The system is a lot fairer than it used to be as back then they could claim on your joint income i.e from your new partner as well (if you have 1).
I earn £32k a year and pay £59 a week for 1 child. When my eldest was eligible as well, I was paying £79 a week.

If you get along with HER Mother. Pay the money to her and she’ll make sure that the boy gets the benefit.

£31k pa, one child over 16, pay £410 per month! Nearly 25% of my net take home. Does not compare to the calculator on the website.

The rules state 15% of net income per week LESS 1/7th per NIGHT they stay with you.

On a £400 net wage with Friday and Saturday overnight contact your bill should be around £42.86 per week.

Any reasonable woman would accept £40 per week to avoid CSA.

cmoptions.org/

Contact the above and they can offer advice and may be able to assist you in negotiating an agreement with ex to avoid CSA.

Alternatively you could always try being the main carer yourself. There is plenty of support out there for pro-active fathers, more so recently, as the agencies recognise that kids with paternal input achieve better long term.

Also have a look at fnf.org.uk/

A fantastic organisation with forums and help and support for both absent and live in Dads.

PM me if you need more help.

When I divorced many years ago now but we had an arrangement so it didnt go through CSA & he payed me direct ( not that it was much or worth anything it was mealy a token )

But it did help with thing like shoes clothes food activities hol etc so no all went directly to kids but indirectly as well with the gas electric bills which you tend not to take into account as now being on my own kids grown up moved out I know how much most of this has dropped

bigvern1:
If you get along with HER Mother. Pay the money to her and she’ll make sure that the boy gets the benefit.

Agreed I still get on with my x spoke to him yesterday

If you do that then you know all the money goes direct to them

16 years ago I was getting £77 per week deducted by the CSA for one child… that was on a top line of about £450… fair enough, BUT my ex didn’t get any extra out of it… her payments stayed the same, it was just me subsidising the amount the government paid out in benefits for her… So , I thought (zb) this… and stopped trucking for a while, found myself a low paid job that would get me by and ended up paying £15 per week instead…

cheers guys thanks for all the help :slight_smile:

For whats it worth I was paying 20% for my eldest daughter with a further 5% for my youngest daughter making total of 25% when my eldest daughter reached an age I no longer had to pay for her they made me pay 20% to my youngest daughter. The CSA are useless everytme you speak to them they come out with different figures for how much you owe. Originally I started paying my money through the CSA to my ex-wife this would take 6 weeks to reach her, so she suggested paying her direct - cutting out the middle man. CSA agreed to this however at the end of 5 years when I had overpaid her to the tune of £3000 which had been the amount the CSA had told me to pay the only way I could get the money back was to take my ex-wife to court as the money didnt go through the CSA they wouldn’t help. I didnt take my ex-wife through court but I would advise you to pay all monies owed through the CSA if I had done this they would have given me the £3k back and dealt with my ex-wife. Under CSA 2 they do not take into account any mortgage or rent that you have and will and have made other fathers homeless. Furthermore CSA money is paid on top of benefits so my ex-wife was having her rent paid 125pw, council tax paid £20pw, £160 pw benefits, school dinners paid £20pw, family allowance £37pw and my CSA money a grand total of nearly £600pw - not bad eh?

looks like she was on nice litle earner m8 , i think this is an issue in britain that doesnt get talked about , i think the goverment are quite happy for the fathers to suffer in silence :cry: no wonder britains on its knees

pay by cheue or BACs
so its traceable
never ever think that paying her cash is a better idea
if it all gets nasty they will believe her lies
when she says she has had nothing or little from you

me
i am currently worried that the bailiffs have returned to lots of money to me
i am paying £50 a month csa and was paying £40 and £15 to the bailiffs for arrears

there seems to be alot of us guys going through this the now :frowning:

Is there no way you can communicate with your ex?

Me and my ex sat down, sorted everything out - possesions, maintenance, what was going to happen to the marital home, the lot - both came to a mutual agreement, wrote it all down twice and both signed each copy and obviously kept one…

BUT - as has been said - you HAVE to stick to your side of the bargain!

You have to have a certain amount of trust in your ex but it is possible to NOT involve the CSA at all! At the end of the day, your son is the most important person in this and if you two can agree, that will always, ONLY benefit him…

It is possible…

Good luck, I wish you well :wink:

i finished 3 good jobs because of the csa and there obscene demands, the last time they asked for money they wanted £185 a week for 1 kid. now got a private agreement with the ex which i pay £75 a week through bank transfer and once a year new school uniform

I argued the toss in court as I was determined that she wouldn’t see a penny, both her and her new fella were into weed big time, even with suggesting giftcards, online shopping, paying her bills direct, as well as the school uniforms, trips, dinner money etc, the judge was having none of it and agreed with her that the CSA should deal with it, however for some reason they demanded £0.00 per month :open_mouth: , despite 2 reviews and no answer we came to a private arrangement. The judge also gave her residence despite a positive drugs test from her and her fella, also she was in his opinion, a better choice, yeah right, 5 house moves & 3 school changes since 2006, and as I found out via facebook this week my eldest daughter (12) has been babysitting her brother (8) and sister (2) for most of the afternoon till after 10 pm, and no the mother doesn’t have a job :imp: :imp: :imp: .

Sorry for the rant, very emotive for me!

The new Mrs MadBaz, gets £180 pcm (no arrears) from her ex for 2 boys via the CSA, he doesn’t have them at all and he earns about £1200 pcm gross. HTH