Random medicals

Just had medical arranged by Driversmedicals.com about £50 cheaper than my GP. They sent a plastic bottle for sample that was about as thin as a biro - how the ■■■■ do you pee in that? :smiley: Anyway, while waiting at the Med Centre there was a youngish guy who had the same D4 forms as me. I asked him was this his first for licence or whatever and he said no - he had been called on for a random medical by DVLA. Turned out he was 24 and been LGV driver since he was 21. Has anyone come across this or was there a reason he maybe wasn’t disclosing?
Also the new version D4 has a requirement to go to an optician so use the older version of this form - it is still accepted and does not have a requirement for optician. :slight_smile:

Never heard of random medicals but I think that where’s there’s an underlying medical condition they can request more frequent medicals, in this case it looks like every 3 years or possibly yearly.

mrpj:
Never heard of random medicals but I think that where’s there’s an underlying medical condition they can request more frequent medicals, in this case it looks like every 3 years or possibly yearly.

he may have been spinning one but it wasn’t in an RDC! :smiley:
He seemed extremely young to be in a random check - maybe DVLA had confused his name with an older person but unlikely.