Ran over driving hours

thanks to the accidents on the a14 tntie…

i have run 30 mins over in driving time… just got parked on side of a14 before 15 hrs up.

i have writtern on back of tacho… is there anything else i need to do?

would i get done for being 1/2hr over? never been soo long over driver hrs

cheers guys

(its gonna be a rocky nite tnite… i always plan where i stop…and being this close to the road is deffo not on my plans)

Depends on what and where the delay was and if you could have stopped earlier. in your defence there would be others in the same boat and therefore more trucks stopped in the area preventing you to stop safely closer to your driving hours … make sure you put everything you can on the back of the tacho about the delay , location of delay and why you chose to park where you did… also you could ask the police in the area for a log number of the incident and add that as it would look better that you have taken every precaution to park asap and it wasn’t a fob off to get somewhere you wanted

“Exceeded driving time due to accident on A14, used first available parking.” then sign it. That’ll cover it and is all you really need to do. Your speed trace, I take it from what you have written you are on charts, will back you up as it will show lots of stopping and starting with short movements.

you could say that 5 miles of 2-5mph movements… and then 15mins flat out to find a layby with a space for my truck…

i was just checking as i have not been soo long over before…

thanks guys

you’ll be fine, it is unforseen circumstances for sure and you’ve used teh first parking you could find.

When you say flat out you of course mean 50 mph as it was the A14 and you are mentioning the road on the back of the chart. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

of course 50mph…

:laughing: